Unable to update

Hi

I recently moved into my Uni accomodation and went about setting up XBL. It was fine on the xbox I have had for a year or two, however my Dad decided he wanted one to use, so I gave him that and got a new Slim. When I plugged the Slim in at Uni, it said there was an update, which it downloaded. It then said that I require an update to connect to Xbox Live and the update is unavailable, please try again later.

It continued to show me this message, so eventually I put the update on a USB stick and did it manually like that. However, once that update had been installed it still gave me the message saying that I needed an update to connect to XBL, and that it was unavailable. In the end I deleted all updates from the memory by pressing lb,rb,x,lb,rb,x while 'memory' was highlighted. When i restarted, it updated and finally allowed me to sign it. I didn't have access to the marketplace however, and after a day or so I decided (stupidly) that maybe the update was corrupt or something, so I deleted it and tried to re-download it. Unfortunatley, I now get the same 'An update is required to connect to Xbox Live, but the update is currently unavailable, please try again later' message as I had before, and nothing seems to be working.

I can connect to Xbox Live fine - the connection test shows no issues, and I have played plenty of games online on this connection. My uni is refusing to open any ports for security reasons (so they tell me anyway) so there is nothing I can do about that - however they haven't shut any since I was last signed in, so I see no reason why it shouldn't work? As I said, it downloads one update fine and installs it after I've cleared the updates and restarted, however it then tries to tell me I need another update which is inavailable.

Any idea what I need to do to sort this? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

What is the exact numerical error code you get when this happens?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It did finally update, though I'm not sure why - but now there is the new update and it is refusing to download it again. It's pretty annoying.

At the moment, the code it is giving me is:

351F - 3524 - A080 - 0F00 - 8007 - 0570

I'm sure it will eventually work, but it's pretty annoying. I assume whatever is causing it is also what is stopping me seeing most of the dashboard and stops the Marketplace working on my console as well...

Edit: I should also point out that this is a different message from last time - this time it says 'Can't download the update. To test your connection, open System Settings and select Netwrok Settings, Test Xbox Live connection'. So not quite the same, but still the same issue really in the sense I can't connect. I guess I'm just glad I've got time to fix it before Forza 4 comes out...

Sorry this didn't help.

The same thing is happening to me. :P  I think it is just xbox live having problems, not your internet or system.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers, hopefully that is all it is this time then, guess we'll wait and see...

Sorry this didn't help.

That update code refers to a network issue on your end, unfortunately. How are you connected to your university's network?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't see how this code is related to my network, as I am directly plugged into a Motorola SB6120 modem with a 30Mbps download speed, brand new ethernet cable. I haven't a firewall on my network, or anything else that can possibly be interfering with the update data.  I've perfomed several high byte packet tests to several servers and have  0% loss every time.  I have tried several different Public DNS + VPN. Oh, and I got the same error when I took my console to my sons house.    

Sorry this didn't help.

And still no answer, gosh Xbox is good at supporting it's customers when it's faulty consoles break. :D

I'm having the same issue, I try to download an update for a game, it gets stuck for a long time, then I get an error code telling me some "xbox live content is unavailiable, please try again later. Error Code: 80072ee2" or something along those lines. My xbox has worked fine for the last 2-3 years, suddenly after a short period "2-3 weeks" that I hadn't touched it BAM, error codes everywhere.  

forums.xbox.com/.../2119821.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.