Unable to update payment options

As others have been experiencing my account was "Suspended" because I cancelled the card associated with it and I need to update my payment options to get back online. I've tried updating through the xbox to a new card and my paypal account, I tried through the website but the payment option section crashes every time you try and enter it. I even bought a xbox live gold code for 12 months and if I try and enter it on the website it tells me the service is currently unavailable and when I try through the xbox I get this error message "80169d3a" (which as an unrelated note I tried entering into xbox.com/errorhelp but the site doesn't load it). I've spoken on the phone to support but they were as incompetent as ever and offered me no solution. Microsoft really need to sort their ** out because, especially after having already paid for the 12 month card, being sat here unable to use it just annoying.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

im having the exact same problem mate , renewed my gold family membership which worked fine for about ten days now it says "Suspended" until i update payment options which i have done and still no change

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Solving this needs contact with a Billing Agent. You can choose Option 1 after finding your country's support line: See http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers ...

but a faster way to speak to a Billing Agent is to go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you dialed in.

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI, Dobbin64, these forums work best when you create a new thread with a first post of your own, as the original poster's problem and solution, although similar, could be very different in detail. It's great that you're researching here, but generally the quickest path to a solution is your own thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

Pretty much same issue i am having and i dont wont to phone support to be charged and getting no help. If others are having at this present time then it is something on theor end no ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Drake Croft, these forums work best when you create a new thread with a first post of your own, as the original poster's problem and solution, although similar, could be very different in detail. It's great that you're researching here, but generally the quickest path to a solution is your own thread.

Sorry this didn't help.