Unable to update payment option. Microsoft giving me an aneurysm

Okay, so basically, (problem 1) I turned on my xbox a few days ago to be greeted with:

"Your membership is suspended until you update your payment option. We'll charge your payment option and reactivate your membership after you update your account but there may be some delay....."etc

Not sure why this happened. But I try updating anyway.

So I go "update payment option" and add a new card (was previously using my paypal) and restart the xbox to find the same message. 2 days pass and I am still getting this message.

THEN (problem 2) I go to xbox.com to see if ! can update my payment on there. I get a message from microsoft:

"We don't recognise the PC you're using. We want to make sure this is you. To continue, please sign in using one of the following PCs instead: *brokenlaptop*"

So now it wants me to log in from a laptop that no longer exists. SO I "update my info", and make THIS laptop my number one. (I think)

I get the message "This info will be deleted from your account on 2/5/2013". I try to go update my payment option again and get the same "We don't recognise the PC you're using" message.

So please tell me, am I completely stuck from doing anything until 2nd March?! or 5th Feb?! either is pretty darn unacceptable! 

Is there any other way I can gain access to my Xbox Live at least? Or am I a complete idiot that is missing something obvious?

Wrote this in a rush so sorry if it's unclear lol. Help is tremendously appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you can log in your account here in xbox.com, you can try buying a pre-paid membership card for xbox live and entering the code here in the site.

The security info on your account can be updated as you did, but there´s the 30 day delay. I suggest you to add a mobile number to your security info as well, as this can help you access you account if necessary.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for replying. If i did get a pre-paid card, would that cancel my automatic renewal? It's just I know if microsoft charges me for both it is unlikely I'd see that money again!

Sorry this didn't help.

Suggest you contact a Billing Agent as buying a PPC will just frustrate you further, for you only see that message when you are 27 days or more in arrears, and your account is in Decline. Go to http://xbox.com - sign in there if you can - then go to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:2:5

Click on Request A Call and type in a few lines explaining your issue and you will get called back quicker than if you waited in queue on hold.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, need to go to bed now haha but will try this tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK, dude, get back to us if you need more assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

They sorted it! Request a call was closed so i just spoke to someone on chat and it was sorted in moments! Thanks Vibroplex

Sorry this didn't help.