Unable to stay connected to Xbox Live.

Every time we try to connect to Xbox Live, the connection is good for about five or even ten minutes and then we are disconnected. Doesn't matter who's profile is active, it still has the same results. We have reset the wireless router, the modem, and even disconnected the xbox for a moment. Aside from changing the wire, we've tried everything. Our Error Status Report reads:

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0001 - 8005

Y: 20A8 - 4800

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can also try restoring the factory defaults: support.xbox.com/.../xbox-kb.aspx

If that doesn't working you're most likely experiencing a NAT issue which will cause you to disconnect often: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/troubleshoot/connection-issues/nat-type-strict.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I gave you the wrong link on how to reset the factory defaults. sorries: support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-connect-wireless-network.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Man i know me and 3 other buddies having same problem this did not happen till after that stupid update that came out. I call xbox and all they do is beat around the bush and dont fix it they will tell you its your router it aint, they will tell you its your internet it aint, they do not want to admit its on there end. Put it this way i got a ps3 and it works fine no disconnects. And it does not do it in all game.

Sorry this didn't help.