Unable to sign up for Live Family Gold using Paypal

Fundamentals: I am trying to sign up for Xbox Live Family Gold using Paypal. Credit card is not an option. Paypal is registered as a payment method against my account.

The problem: If I try to sign up on-line at xbox.com.au I get the error message:

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 16/06/2011 9:09:20 AM
code: F411AB683B590BB5
s: V4cuPiRYDihWlaRXcdOmng==
id: 154363c8-17fb-47d8-87fa-95c9a975798b
req: a37dcd83-12fb-4c2c-b026-5bb7feee3a86

If I try to sign up on the Xbox console, I get the error message:

Can't retrieve information from Xbox LIVE. Please try again later. Status code: 80190126

Networking is working on my Xbox because I can use Media Centre off my home PC.

What I have tried so far to rectify the problem:

1). Sent an email to Xbox support. Completely useless. Got what seems to be a robot reply telling me to do exactly what I'd already done and try on-line as well as on the console.

2). Called the Support number. Apparently there is a system issue (that was last Sunday, it's now Thursday - is there still an issue?). They cannot set up the account using Paypal as it's not an option for them. I refuse to give credit card details to someone in India over the phone.

3). Sent another email to Xbox support. Explained in detail the steps I have gone through. Got the same robot reply suggesting I do what I said I had already done and that, failing that, I could call support. This despite saying in my second email that I'd already called support and they couldn't help me.

4). Trawelled through these forums looking for an answer. Best I could find was a suggestion that my Paypal details need to match my Xbox Live details exactly.

5). Changed my primary Paypal email to match my Xbox/Windows Live email account in the hope that matching would fix things. Nope, not that.

6). Deleted the registered Paypal account and started again. Nope again. Did that two more times just for luck. Still nope.

7). Tried again from the console and on-line tonight before this forum post. Still nope.

Can somebody PLEASE shed some light on what is going on.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

First of all, make sure all your Paypal billing information matches your Xbox LIVE account information. Make sure your Paypal account has either a valid credit card attached or a positive money balance (attached bank account may not register). If you are still getting this same error, try to recover your profile and/or clear your system cache.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I get the same things (both console and website) while trying to use just a credit card, don't think its just paypal related.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried to get a FAMILY PACKAGE because I just got the Xbox and went to XBOX.COM...logged in and put in 2 payment options and it says cannot complete purchase at this time..try back later...

I did notice that on the confirm page that the renewal date and start date were the same...must be a glitch

Sorry this didn't help.

OK Mr Gwyther, now the PayPal option has been removed altogether. Perhaps this is because it doesn't work and Microsoft won't admit it. So no amount of clearing cache or recovering profiles or aligning XBox accounts with Paypal was ever going to help was it! If someone had just admitted 6 days ago that Paypal doesn't work, it could have saved me a whole lot of stuffing about!

Sorry this didn't help.

make sure all your Paypal billing information matches your Xbox LIVE account information.

this includes your paypal account's billing  and xbox lives' BILLING address are the same this INCLUDES the region

Sorry this didn't help.

ngocphi you clown, did you not read my last response. My billing information matches exactly, as I pointed out in my initial post I even went to the extent of changing my Paypal email address to match my Windows Live one.

You might also have noted from my last post that Microsoft have NOW REMOVED THE PAYPAL OPTION - this would tend to indicate to me that there is a problem with PayPal not with anything I have done.

Sorry this didn't help.

In case anyone if following this conversation, I just made my third call to XBox support about this and finally spoke to someone who has a clue.

Apparently Paypal option is not "in production" anywhere outside the US and Microsoft are still ironing out the bugs. They expect it to be at least another 10-15 business days before it is likely to be fixed.

Begs the question why the PayPal option is even avaliable against my account...but for now I'm prepared to wait for them to fix it. They did take my email address and promised to update me when there was any change in the status of PayPal for Australian and New Zealand customers.

Sorry this didn't help.