Unable to Sign In - Details Within

I am currently experiencing difficulty signing into X-Box Live on my 360.

I recently created a new account (the one I am signed in under here.) I had an older account, but had not used in quite some time and no longer recall the password. Furthering the issue with that account is that the email address no longer exists.

And before I begin, there is no connectivity issue with the internet. The device is connected to WiFi and it passed the connection test without issue.

So my current account is set up with email, password, profile info, and even billing information. I filled it all in online here. I wish to sign in to XBox Live to purchase some DLC content for a game I'm playing.

1.) I turn on the device and choose my current profile (EBenyo611.) No issue yet.

2.) I hit "X" for "Game Details" on the game I'm currently playing. I scroll over to "Extras." I move to the DLC I wish to purchase and select it. Now I'm on the purchase screen, and I select "Purchase."

3.) Now here is the problem. It says "You need an Xbox Live account to continue" and gives the options of "Sign Up, Sign In, No Thanks." I move to Sign In and select it. Here it takes me to the Profile selection page I already went through when I first powered on the console. It clearly says "Signed In" above my current profile. I can try to select it again, but it only gives me the options of "Sign Out" and "Close."

I am extremely frustrated at the situation and am looking for any assistance that can be provided. It will be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 419 Applies to:

DELETE/REDOWNLOAD PROFILE

1.Go to Settings, and then select System.

2.Select Storage.

3.Select All Devices.

4.Select Gamer Profiles.

5.Select the gamertag that you want to delete.

6.Select Delete.

7.Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

8.Then, restart your console.

9.Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).

10.Select Download Profile.

11.Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

12.Now, enter your Microsoft account password.

13.Select the storage device for your profile (for example, Hard Drive).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sweet

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.