Unable to redeem free month of Xbox Live

I recently purchased the MW3 console bundle. In anticipation of my xbox and service coming I set up my Xbox live account ahead of time online. When I got my console I connected to Xbox live but was unable to find how to get the free month of live that comes with my console. I then contacted Xbox live support to try to get my free month but they told me there was no way to get the free month to my current gamertag because I have to set it up through the console directly. I have already set up everything on my account under my current gamertag and I do not wish to change my gamertag but support told me they have NO WAY to put my free month of live onto my current account. The system is flawed and you shouldnt be unable to apply your free month because of the fact you wanted to save yourself time and set up your account over the internet ahead of time. I really hope I have someone contact me back and assist me with getting a free month of xbox live. I was planning on buying a year membership after my free month was used but now that I ran into this problem I have gone ahead and just ordered my year subscription. I wouldnt have gone about it the way that I did if there was some sort of warning about the order in which you have to set up your account in order to redeem your free month. Please someone contact me back who can help me out as the phone support was unable to do anything for me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey Murda! Yes, this is correct, you must create the account on the console in order to receive the free month. Each new console comes with three free months for the first three accounts created on the console that wish to use them. Sorry for the confusion!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.