Unable to redeem 1 year Xbox Live code.

I have tried to redeem a 1 year Xbox Live code and have been receiving errors. I have tried the code on my Xbox One, phone and computer. I have tried to look up the meaning of the codes as instructed and the codes are not found.

Code from Xbox One:

XBOS-3008

{4086E99D-18A2-401D-8C43-0F7054D4C76F}

2014/02/27 - 00:37:50 UTC

Code from computer:

Xbos-0x80169CF9
a95d69da-7c79-4714-ad3f-ea4490f2555d
2014/02/27 - 13:10:42 UTC
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 68 Applies to:

Hi,

The reason why you probably getting the error is because you have a membership with auto renew which renewed and you maybe in decline or you had turned off and removed credit card but the gold is still running.

Error 80169cf9 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold code

You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold membership prepaid code or token:

80169cf9

The payment option can't be used for this purchase. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.

This error message occurs when you have an active membership but auto renewal is turned off, and the payment instrument that was used to purchase that membership has been removed from your account or is no longer associated with your membership.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

high i bought mw3 nine months or so ago and got a prepaid 13 month live  you had to activate ite it with care packadge anyway it didnt work ,so i got fed up with xbox360 and didnt play it for 6 months then i bought gears judgement and just recently ghosts so i thought id try again and i bought a 12 months prepaid from argos and that wont work ,not good is it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.