Unable to recover any gamertag and all data comes up at corrupt!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I don't know why my post didn't show up... so here it is.

I am in the middle of a horror story. I sent my xbox in because these white and colored dots would show up on screen during game play.The day I got it back I popped in my HDD (xbox slim) signed into my profile and it told me to update. During the update it said "Error cannot update console" and then froze. When I turned my xbox off and then on it told me ALL my data was corrupt. I spent 3 hours on the phone with live support and literally did ALL of the troubleshooting with no luck. I they told me to delete all my data too... since it was supposedly corrupt. I even reformatted my HDD. My flashdrive didn't work either. I couldn't recover my gamertag or my girlfriends.

I went to a friends and was able to recover my gamertag there and play some games. When I returned to my console, it said all the data was corrupt, but if I brought it to ANY other console the data was fine. So it looks like my console is just reading all data as corrupt and not letting me recover my gamertag. It has now been over a month since I have had a working xbox and xbox support keeps escalating my claim and saying they'll "call me back". So far every time they say they will call back at a certain time they don't. The only time I got a call from them was when I was already on the phone with an escalation rep. I was last told that my claim was being sent directly to microsoft to see if they could figure it out (so who did my escalation rep work for?) and if they couldn't I would get an express exchange where I'll send my old one in and they'll send me a new one back. I would get a call back sunday between 7-9pm to let me know. Never got it... So I called in Monday and got a VERY helpful xbox live guy (I think his name was Jason, props to him) and he said in the notes they should be able to resolve it and I should get a call back in 5-10 days. FIVE TO TEN DAYS. Thanks for letting me know I have to wait 5-10 days when I was expecting a call yesterday. If it is resolved why does it take 5-10 days to call back?

Am I being ignored? I haven't have a working xbox in over a month. I'm a paying xbox gold member too! What about all my lost data (dating back to 2005), not having a working xbox, or even the curtisy to call me back or let me know when I have to wait LONGER. This is getting frustrating and I don't know where to turn anymore.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I responded to a post of yours in another thread, but feel free to post your response to that message here, so you get our full attention.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it is all up to date, and whenever I call in the xbox support person checks to see if they tried to call and they say they haven't. They also confirm my phone number with me every time and it is in the notes. Maybe you have access to the notes. My reference number is 115-377-4684.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, if they say they're going to call, your best bet will be to wait for now. When are they supposed to call back? Feel free to post here if it gets to be past that date and you haven't heard from them.

Sorry this didn't help.

The escalation rep said she would call me back guaranteed last Sunday between 7-9pm (central time), but she never did. So when I called in the next day, I was told I need to wait 5-10 days. Why? I'm not sure at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

So I FINALLY got a call back today. They told me that they need to take control of my account, and my girlfriends and in 3-5 days I'll get another call back and they will tell us how to regain control of those accounts. Then once we use those accounts on my console the console will work again.

I explained to the guy that I can use my account and play saved games on on other consoles but on my console it comes up as corrupt, but he said taking control of the account and resetting it will fix it. What I don't understand is how would them resetting an account fix what seems to be a console problem. Can you shed any light on this?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is odd

Sorry this didn't help.

For some random reason today I popped in a game disc to see what happens. It said this disc format is not supported. Even though the image of the game popped up.

I still wonder how microsoft taking control of my account is going to fix all of this...

Sorry this didn't help.

i need to ask you a few questions mr whats his name didnt it seems...

you said you sent it in for an earlier repair what was it?

you said you recovered your account on another 360 and it worked,right?when you say you recovered the same accounts on yours.did you mean that you recovered the accounts on the other move it to a data sounce like usb then have it not TRANSFER to yours?

from what info youve given there could be a few things wrong,none of them needing your account being taken over by m$.its possible that the 360 youve had repaired has either broken again or not fixed properly ( it happens sometimes).or that the memory storage device is defective in some way.since the accounts CAN be recovered by you on another 360,but cannot be moved to yours,as well your getting disc read errors ( a bad sign).

when you do an account recovery you do it online,you connect to live.it downloads your full info including gamerscore etc,it does not recover lost gamesaves.you can move your gamertag to a storage device,but sometimes it will require you to do account recovery.

what you say to the rep is important.there must have been some miscommunication because i see no need for them to think its your account being jacked.

personally from what youve stated its either the hdd thats somehow bad,or the previous repairs didnt work (not likly but possible)since you can recover your gamertag elsewhere but cannot save it to yours?

Sorry this didn't help.

Some of  your answers are in my first post but I'll break it all down to facts. This is all on new xbox slims.

-Xbox sent it for repair for video issues. White and colored dots show up while playing.

- The day I got it back, I put my HDD back in and was able to sign into my profile and connect to xbox live.

- Only on dashboard for a moment before update prompt came up. During update it froze, and error code came up saying it cannot update my console.

-I turned my xbox off and then on again and all my data was corrupt.

- After deleting my profile and my girlfriends then trying to recover them it starts the download process and then says "Xbox sign up is not available. Please try again later." Happens both to HDD and flashdrive.

-I have recovered my account to my HDD and my flashdrive using other consoles.

-When I move the memory source to any other console it comes up as corrupt. If I move it right back to any other console it works just fine.

-All games show the preview at the dashboard, but when tried to play it comes up error "disc format is not supported".

-I have reformatted both my HDD and my flashdrive.

To me it just seems my console cannot read data. I have explained it all in detail to all escalation reps. Even the guy who said they want to take control of my account. He said "I understand, when you regain control of your account and use it on that console all your data will not come up as corrupt anymore." I just have a feeling its a console problem and I'll end up sending it in after this doesn't work...

The only thing I can think of is they are using my account to basically hack into my console and fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.