Unable to play online with friends?

Hello guys,

yesterday I activated my 14-day-trial of Xbox Live Gold I got from Halo 4, but today I discovered that you can't play with more than one player on the same console online. That's why I bought a normal 1-month-gold-membership, but my xbox still acts like I have the 14-day-trial. Does the regular membership only get activated when the trial is over? Do I have to wait 14 days to play online with friends again or is there a way to somehow deactivate the trial? Someone please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there,

the 14 day trial be be different then a full gold membership, you should be able to see which is active at http://billing.microsoft.com

If the gold subscription is active, it sometimes can take some time before the update reaches the console, to speed this up clear the consoles cache:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On top of clearing the system cashe, which can fix most issues there is another step.

Test your xbox live connection, this forces you to sign out, and the test refreshes information from the xbox live servers.

Upon logging back in your profile will update all information on it, so your new subscription should be active.

Added note, when you have a Trial code active on the account, and you add a 1-3-12 month subscription to the account it doesn't stack with the trial code and actually eats it up. Nom nom nom.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.