Unable to play disc

Hi there,

I recently bought a used game which I immediately started playing when I got home from the shops and everything was fine. A couple of days later my xbox 360 isn't reading it; it just comes up with 'play game' with no picture on it whatsoever. When I press it to play it signs me out of xbox live and then signs me straight back in and back to the dashboard. Every now and then it would come up disc unrecognisable as well.

Now, I've tried cleaning it, turning my console on/off, resetting and testing the wireless settings, and other games work. I just don't understand what's going on as it was working perfectly fine the other day.

Any help would be great, thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Try installing your game. If it installs, the disc is fine. If it doesn't, return the disc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

By cleaning it, Have you tried cleaning the disc and/or checking the disc for scratches?

Sometimes when you purchase pre-ordered games, it can take a while for the scratches/smudges to take effect in your console. I recommend checking the game thoroughly.

Also, If at all possible, Check your console for dust, If dust gets into the fan it can reduce your performance, I had this with mine a while back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.