Unable to move XBox Live ID to correct account

I've now tried several times to migrate my XBox live account back to my own Live account [Email address removed never post personal info]  from the temporary one that Microsoft set up (after the account was compromised) but every time I try I'm told that I have to wait 30 days between migrations or after having created the account.

Clearly neither of these apply as Microsoft created the temporary account at the start of February and my own Live account has existed for years.

Can you please explain why I'm stuck with the temporary account and cannot move to the right Live account. After having to wait FIVE MONTHS before I could use my account again, this is reaching an epic level of frustration.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wassup Enverex!? Sorry to hear about your issue!

-

I advise calling Xbox Support because if your account was compromised and you recently got it back, but don't have access to it, then something probably went wrong and they're the only ones who can further assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have changed the password on either account, it also resets the 30 days limitation.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have access to both of the accounts. The password change may be the issue if that's true. But now it's gotten worse...

I spoke to a MS employee earlier and explained everything repeatedly and was told it would be resolved later today. A few hours later at home I was logged out of my XBox live account (I assumed they were moving the Gamertag to the right ID) but no, when I try and log back in I get a message saying that this Gamertag is no-longer allowed and that I must change it.

For gods sake Microsoft, can you get anything right? 5 months of being unable to use the account, unable to move it to the right place afterwards and now when I try and fix that, they lock me out of the account rather than doing what they said. If I've lost my -MY- username that I use for everything, I will not be happy. Not to mention how much time I've spent fking about.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not talking to another Microsoft employee now that is saying that a Gamertag cannot be moved to another Live ID. Does anyone at Microsoft have ANY IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING?!

I'm getting beyond annoyed now. FFS stop messing me around. It's like I'm speaking to random clueless people that have NO IDEA what they are doing.

I think what's pissing me off most of all is that there's no-one I can speak to to actually shout at, other than just more clueless idiots. Shame badmouthing the company would just be pissing in the wind.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, just to update this saga:

My issue has now been passed back to the fraud team to sort out because it appears to have been them that broke it so that I couldn't associate the right Live ID back to the Gamerag and now the last MS employee I spoke to has had to open a dispute to get the forced gamertag change reversed as there was no reason for it.

So rather than getting the problem fixed, the account is now more broken. I have to say I have little faith in MS actually sorting this all out.

What also greatly concerns me on this forum is the amount of time I see the Ambasadors say that MS "cannot" fix something that either they broke, or that happened because of a glitch/bug. Microsoft build and control the XBox/Live system, therefore you are incorrect when you say "cannot". The proper term will be "will not" simply because they don't care / cannot be bothered. Of course they could do it, it's THEIR system.

The complete lack of interest in customer satisfaction I'm seeing from Microsoft in general is simply unbelievable.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Enverex! I understand you're having some trouble with changing WLIDs on your accounts. Just to clarify, you have this account tied to a temp WLID after an investigation, and you want to put your personal WLID on it, correct? Is that personal WLID currently attached to another gamertag? If you try Downloading a profile on the console with that WLID, does something come up? If so, you'd have to change that account's WLID to something else to free up that WLID to use on this account.

Let me know if that sounds like it's the case, I'd hate to have your issue end this way if it might be this simple. I look forward to your reply, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

" Just to clarify, you have this account tied to a temp WLID after an investigation, and you want to put your personal WLID on it, correct?"

Exactly. I only have one Gamertag so there isn't another one on the account I'm trying to move it to (it's the account the gamertag was on in the first place, I'm just trying to move it back there from the temp account).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Enverex! I don't see you explicitly say that an alternate GT did not come up while trying to use your original WLID as Mister Gwyther asked. I'd be curious to see what happens when you try to sign in with the original WLID on Xbox.com, as in this process a GT may have accidentally been created and associated with that WLID. In that case a brand new WLID would need to be associated with this accidental account in order for you to be able to use the original WLID with your original GT. I hope that was clear! Let us know. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no gamertag on my original account. If I try and log into XBox live with my original Live ID, it asks me to create a gamertag. As pointed out repeatedly, there is only ONE Gamertag, moved from my account to the temp account, I'm now trying to move it back. Can you please give me the benefit of the doubt on most basic future questions, we don't seem to be making any progress at all here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Enverex! My apologies, I was only trying to make sure that we had all the details of your issue. I've sent you a private message regarding this thread, would you mind checking that out? We can continue our conversation there. :)

Sorry this didn't help.