Unable to manage my xbl gamertag account

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

For whatever reason it would not allow me to post this in the orginal post

Many years ago when I created gamertag Blu10 I used my work e-mail address as my login. I have long since forgotten the password for my account, and I have moved through three companies.  I have attempted to change it both through the menus on my xbox and through the windows live help center.  When attempting to either reset or add an additional e-mail address to the account it must first be verified through an e-mail sent to a many year old, now defunct work e-mail address.  I seem to be stuck in an endless loop.  Any solutions would be much appriciated, even a number for a call center... I'm at my wits end, hoping for help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, since you lost the email/password to that account, you cannot verify it to change your password to that account, hence you lost the email. The best thing to do is call 1800-4My-Xbox to see if they can do anything about it. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

or goto www.windowslivehelp.com and use the password reset proccess with the windows live id validation form

as long as you prove who you are with validation questions you can get the password reset email sent to whatever new email you have.

just a suggestion KEEP your windows live id upto date

by changing the contact email i do it every 1 year

Sorry this didn't help.