Unable to Download Xbox update

I am completely unable to update my Xbox once again, and frankly it's gone from being an annoyance to inexcusable. For the past 3 system updates I have been unable to download any of the updates via xbox live. I reset the router, test my connection, it gets to the downloading stage but 33% of the way through it stops. The last two times I simply loaded it onto a USB and loading it that way, but this time that didn't work either, it still will not update. it's ridiculous that I'm paying for a service that I can't use because an update for a peripheral I don't use.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I have been having the same problem.  previously I have had to put them to cd (instead of usb) but still have the same problem where that wont update either.

Totally agree that it is unacceptable that we are paying for a service that we cannot use.

FFS xbox sort it out

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi again, I assume that we're trying to do the update on wifi, which is what I was trying to do,

I have managed to get the upload by taking Xbox down to my router and hard wiring it in.  The upload connected straight away and downloaded fine. I suggest if u can u try this.

But Xbox need to sort these updates out with everyone I have had problems

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally got it to work aswell, I simply grabbed a blank CD I had and that finally worked, though it doesn't adress the bigger problem, atleast now I can game.

Sorry this didn't help.