Unable to download updates for Xbox LIVE

Hello, I have had my Xbox 360 Slim since December last year, and everything has been fine until just recently. An update for Xbox LIVE was made available, and I had gotten these before so I thought of it as no big deal. However, whenever I tried to update it, it came up with an error code. I downloaded the update from the Microsoft website and put it on a flash drive and updated successfully. Great, all fixed, right? Wrong. I tried to start Red Dead Redemption. It asked for a 4MB update, I paniced knowing what happened with LIVE, I tried to update (hoping the Xbox LIVE update I had done possible fixed that bug). Then, I got another error code, and that is where I am stuck now.

My NAT is secure but not strict so it should be good to go, at first I thought it was my new router but I remembered I had gotten updates through it earlier. This is really starting to get annoying considering I paid for this Xbox, then an extra $80 just for LIVE, and I really just want to get back online and play my games...

Thanks in advace

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello, can you please post the status code/error code you are getting here please?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like that 4MB one was a Title Update for the game, not the console. For that, check out our sticky post: forums.xbox.com/.../5038.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.