unable to download june 2012 update (first wave update)

since the 12th i have been forced to download this update. it refuses to download. 

I have a xbox 360s

i am using a wireless connection with a cisco/linksys router e1300 to be exact

here are all the things i have tried

#1 Reset modem and router waiting 1 min in between turning on router after turning on modem and waited 1 min before turning on xbox.

#2 cleared the cache then redid #1

#3 cleared the download que then did #2

#4 removed hard drive then did #2

#5 powered xbox off while holding sync button (cant remember wherre i found this info out and what it exactly was for) then did #2

#6 turned off firewall then did #5 and then did #4

#7 came here for help.....

The error code is 397f-000-0080-8007-2ee2 (from what i have read with windows update a 80072ee2 error is unable to connect to the windows server)

i live in Ohio, USA

i use WOW as an ISP 

use a e1300 linksys/cisco router

use an **** modem (touchstone telephony modem)

W: 000-0021
X: 000-F001
Y: 20A8-4860
Z: 8015-1918
ID: 0006-0000
L: 0015-10F1
Q: 0015-10F1
T: Wireless
D: 64.233.214.34, 64.233.214.41
S: WPA2
C: 11

please let me know if there is anything else i need to give you so you can help me... i am currently unable to do a wired connection as i would need about 25-50 feet of cat5 cable and i dont have it at the moment nor the money to spend to get it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

Hey! You can also try downloading the update and putting it onto a USB Flash Drive, then putting that into your console. Look here under 'Copy to USB Flash Drive' for the instructions: support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-info

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Gimbie, have you tried to login to your routers configuration panel to forward some ports for your XBOX 360's IP? If not, please do so by following the directionshere. It's possible that this might be causing you to be unable to download this update.

Normally these are the directions to follow for this specific system update error, but in this case they are a bit different, read on below.

xxxx-xxxx-xx8x-xxxx-8007-2EE2

The update could not be downloaded from Xbox LIVE. Try the following: 

1. Try installing the update again.
  2. If you are having problems connecting or staying connected to Xbox LIVE, see Xbox LIVE connection problems.

Note You can also update your console software by copying the update to a USB flash drive or CD. See Troubleshoot console software update problems.

Unfortunately, as you are getting an update which is not yet available to download manually online, you'd either have to try to open some ports to see if you can download the update that way, or wait until you are able to download it from the website itself.

Another alternative if you are able to try this is to take this console to a friends house where you can actually directly connect your console to the internet via an Ethernet cable. This error message pops up when your XBOX 360 is having trouble downloading the update from the XBOX Live servers, and this can either be related to network stress from your own end so you can try to re-try the download by making sure that your internet connection is not being used by anything else in the household.

You can also alternatively try to clear the consoles update cache by following the directions below:

On your console, go to Settings hub, and then select System.

Select Storage.

On your controller, press the following button sequence:

1. Press the left bumper.
  2. Press the right bumper.
  3. Press the X button.
  4. Press the left bumper.
  5. Press the right bumper.
  6. Press the X button.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi gimbie, do you have wireless turtle beaches? or any other wireless products connected to your xbox? If so please move the reciever away from the xbox.  This issue sounds like wireless interference.

Sorry this didn't help.

will try this as i do have the turtle beach headset...i didn't think about that...figured they would be on a different MHZ

Tomcat.. i cannot do that because the new update is not available for download, as hassassinade said. i will try wsD1212's suggestion then i will try your Hassassinade.. Thank you very much

also i do have ports forward for the xbox.. i have it set as a static IP based on MAC address. I originally had it in the DMZ but because of a computer game i needed to pull it out and just forward the ports..

thank you wsD1212... i cant believe that was what did it...i unplugged my turtle beach headset and it updated like normal... thank you so much

Sorry this didn't help.