I am posting this thread as a means to help other Xbox members who might be having the same issues as me and I will try to update this post if my problems are sorted out.
It all started about three weeks ago when I decided to change the Microsoft email associated with my gamertag Neo Fang. I went through the various steps on the console to change my email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (disclaimer, those are just example emails) and at the confirmation screen I received a message telling me that the email could not be changed and that there was an error moving the email or something like that.
I thought nothing of it at first just thinking that maybe I had changed the email associated with the gamertag less that 30 days ago or something minor like that so I continued playing on regardless, that is when the errors started. Since then I have had error after error after error with my xbox account, so many in fact that I decided to contact a webchat support agent with my issues to see if they could help me. Here is a list of error codes to help others who may have this issue.
- Account Management - Manage Payment Options - 80190376
- Your Information - Billing Information - 8C010003
- Your Memberships - Xbox Live Gold - 80162711
- Privacy & Online Settings - Privacy & Online settings are currently unavailable. Please try again later.
- Try to download a demo - Your credit card info couldn't be retrieved. Buy this item with money in your Microsoft account or try again later.
- Access the Xbox.com website - Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system. Code: 1494D80A38DB69
Now there have been many more error messages but off the top of my head I can't remember how I received them. I decided to contact customer support and talk to a xbox support agent on Sep 10, 2013 5:25:02 AM EST. After speaking for them for around 45 minutes I was told the following: