Unable to download items, view account details or access website.

I am posting this thread as a means to help other Xbox members who might be having the same issues as me and I will try to update this post if my problems are sorted out.

It all started about three weeks ago when I decided to change the Microsoft email associated with my gamertag Neo Fang. I went through the various steps on the console to change my email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (disclaimer, those are just example emails) and at the confirmation screen I received a message telling me that the email could not be changed and that there was an error moving the email or something like that.

I thought nothing of it at first just thinking that maybe I had changed the email associated with the gamertag less that 30 days ago or something minor like that so I continued playing on regardless, that is when the errors started. Since then I have had error after error after error with my xbox account, so many in fact that I decided to contact a webchat support agent with my issues to see if they could help me. Here is a list of error codes to help others who may have this issue.

Error codes

• Account Management - Manage Payment Options - 80190376
  • Your Information - Billing Information - 8C010003
  • Your Memberships - Xbox Live Gold - 80162711
  • Privacy & Online Settings - Privacy & Online settings are currently unavailable. Please try again later.
  • Try to download a demo - Your credit card info couldn't be retrieved. Buy this item with money in your Microsoft account or try again later.
  • Access the Xbox.com website - Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system. Code: 1494D80A38DB69

Now there have been many more error messages but off the top of my head I can't remember how I received them. I decided to contact customer support and talk to a xbox support agent on Sep 10, 2013 5:25:02 AM EST. After speaking for them for around 45 minutes I was told the following:

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 152 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

After telling the agent that my gamertag does actually exist and has done for the past nine years I was told that my issue will be passed on to the "A-Team" and that the Escalation Team will get in touch with me to solve my issues. That was all the support could offer me at the time.

On Sep 14, 2013 I received the following email: (some details hidden for privacy):

Service Request Number: (Hidden)

Dear (Hidden),

Hello, it’s (Hidden); with the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team. I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your account recovery. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that this may have caused you.

In regards to the issue you are having; are there any error codes related to the sign-in process when your attempt is made? If there are, can you please provide those codes by responding to this email. If you have not already done so, please attempt to deleted your profile from the console and attempt to re-download it to try again. If you are still experiencing these issues, please also provide the Microsoft Account ID that you are using to login and the Gamertag associated as well as Console ID.  Also, have you tried changing your Microsoft Account ID recently? If so, please included what it was formerly, and what it is currently.

Microsoft Account ID:

Gamertag:

Console ID:

Any Error Codes:

Old Microsoft Account ID:

Current Microsoft Account ID:

To find your console ID: Sign into the Xbox Dashboard:

1. Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.

2. Select Console Settings.

3. Select System Info.

The console ID is displayed on the screen, below the console serial number.

If you have additional questions about your issue or additional information to provide us, please reply to this email or contact us at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Sincerely,

(Hidden)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I replied with all the required information and on Sep 16, 2013 I received the reply below:

Service Request Number: (Hidden)

Dear (Hidden),

My name is (Hidden); I am with the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team. I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your account recovery issue. Please know that we are aware of the issue you are currently experiencing and are actively working towards a resolution. 

Once a resolution is reached, you will be contacted via email. I hope you understand that we value your loyalty to the Xbox LIVE service and want to ensure you are back online as quickly as possible. 

Again, thank you for your patience and understanding while we continue to resolve the issue with your account recovery.

Sincerely,

(Hidden)

Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team.

Since then I have not heard anything back from the "A-Team" regarding my issue and to be honest I am a little frustrated that I can not download anything, take advantage of the deal of the week offers and more importantly download my free copy of "Rainbow Six Vegas" So what did I do while waiting for an answer? Well these are the steps I have tried to recover the account myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

I forgot to add, even though I received the error message when I originally tried to change my email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***  the move did actually take place as my console shows that the new email is now the one linked to the gamertag Neo Fang. When I try to login in the xbox.com site with the email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I am prompted to created a new gamertag for the email as it is not linked to anything.

Lastly why did I created this post?! Well since posting my original issue in the thread http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/p/1553549/3999466.aspx#3999466 I have received a number of messages from other Xbox players via this 'dummy' gamertag TrustingOak and my main gamertag Neo Fang telling me that they too are also suffering from the same problem as myself.

In order to help them I decided to keep them updated with any information I get back with my own issue - if anybody has the same problems please create a new thread here and if you need an update please send me a message to the gamertag Neo Fang.

(Sorry for breaking up the post but these forums would not allow me to post it as one thread)

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi its ERAZOR from the other thread, thank you very much for posting this in great detail... every problem and issue you explained was exactly the same for me. Apart from... this account i am on now is the GT that has took over my actual account (JON 9414) it has created this GT from my original email and my new email is not recognised from the xbox support team. It doesn't look like they are doing much to help this, and i would really like it fixed by the time FIFA 14 is released.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much Neo Fang, I'm experiencing the same weird issue and I went through what exactly you said.

Also, I talked to you yesterday over XBL (it's me Classic)

They told me to wait for the Advocacy team to contact me. I hope MS can fix this problem, because is a totally new problem and they haven't experienced issues like it before.

Thanks for this thread, waiting for them to reply you. I'll keep checking it daily.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey dude..This is exactly the same issues as posted in my thread..EVERY error you listed is the same for me..I did too,try to log into the site with my old ID and was too told to create anther tag to access the site..Thing is now,that tag has a gold sub and shouldnt.. Also,check billing for the new tag assosiated with the old account..I bet it shows local currency,where as if you look at the billing for the new account,it will show the old MSP's system..This is the issue im affraid.The accounts are getting confused. I recon,if we wait until 30 days expire after we changed our ID's,and return them to the original account,Im willing to bet this issue gets resolved..Cant wait to try that as Ive heard nothing from tier 3?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies everybody, sadly I have nothing to report back concerning my issues. Yesterday I replied to the support email that I was sent earlier in the week asking for any sort of feedback or follow-up to my case but as of now I have had no reply back from the escalation team.

I was thinking of doing what Ryo19742 suggested in a months time and trying to change my email back to the old one but sadly that is weeks and weeks away which doesn't really fill me with joy as I am paying for my subscription yet can not use my Xbox Gold account to its fullest. Anyhow I'll keep checking and if I get any news I'll post it here, in the meantime I suggest those people who haven't contacted support get a hold of them via the webchat or phone and point them in the direction of this thread to explain your issues or create a new post on the support forums. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Oak I'm experiencing the exact same issues as you, down to the error codes and everything. Really riuned my thursday evening >:(

Sorry this didn't help.

@Ryo19742 well I thought of doing the same after 30 days (I changed my email and got this issue 3 days ago btw).. But when I try to change my MS account now to the original email. It says that MS account already has a membership.. Which means the Gamertag is stuck between two emails or 'not fully moved' to the new MS account.. So I don't think it will work.

But yeah I will still try to do so after 27 days from today and see.

Sorry this didn't help.