Unable to connect to XBOX Live

Since 30/4/12 I have been unable to connect to XBOX LIVE. I have no trouble at all connecting to the internet or going online with my PS3. I've had no software/hardware updates recently that may have caused this and have no clue if this is a problem with Virgin (I'm on cable and in the NW of England,) Xbox Live or perhaps even my Xbox360. Any help would be appreciated.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England

Modem brand & model number: Scientific Atlanta EPC2100R2

Things you have tried: Followed all the troubleshooting on XBOX.COM

Is UPnP enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? No

Any error codes you encounter: Live connection error

Who is your ISP? Virgin

Error status report

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 30A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: 0006 - 0000

L: 8015 - 190E

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wired

A: 192.168.1.101/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.1.1

D: 194.168.4.100/194.168.8.100

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hi there, I too have Virgin as my ISP and about 8 months ago I had issues with connection. I tried everything, like yourself, contacting Xbox support and nothing helped. I then called Virgin and they ran some checks and noticed that some values were too high and when my Xbox was on, it just wouldn't work. Other devices worked so I was confused. They sent out a technician who in turn fixed it for me.

So, are you connected by Wifi or Ethernet? I had issues on both, however it was a little better by ethernet.

My recommendation is that, you contact Virgin and see what they can do, if they say there are no issues I would say send your Xbox off to Microsoft so they can have a better look.

Hope your issue gets resolved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello! What CoSY94 said was very helpful and I imagine this is the first thing you should do, however the current whether conditions could also effect you if you are using WiFi and not Ethernet! I have had problems with my WiFi (BT User) and it was down to the extreme weather however BT have now rectified the problem! Hope this helps

Hope your issue is resolved soon, so you can get back on Xbox LIVE!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies, I'm using an Ethernet cable to connect. I'll get in touch with Virgin and hopefully I can get this sorted. Once again, thanks for the replies.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to hear about that but I am aware that Virgin is having some problems at this time you can have a look at the form for Virgin: forums.xbox.com/.../1294193.aspx Also can you give this link a go support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard If that does not work try downloading your acc. Thanks BF Guy :)

Sorry this didn't help.