Unable to connect to Xbox Live

I have been unable to connect to Live since the dashboard update on Dec 8.  Never had a problem before then.

It is an IP address error.  I am in the UK. My ISP IS talktalk

The Xbox360 is connected to my PC, which connects wirelessly to the router (Netgear DGN1000)

After tesing my connection I have tried all the suggestions; reset factory defaults, unplug router for 30 secs, manually set my ip address, etc

None of these have rectified the problem.

The error status report is as follows;

W 0000 - 000B

X 8001 - 1005

Y 0000 - 0000

Z 0000 - 0000

ID 0001 - 0007

L 8015 - 1901

Q 8007 - 0435

T wired

D 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

I have also tried averythin on this page http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/error-cant-obtain-ip-address-router-modem-978976

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Mike, thank you very much for being thorough with your first post. :-) Okay, so you're getting an IP error, but it looks like you've tried everything listed on the IP error support page, correct? If all of those steps--including connecting directly to the modem via an ethernet cable--are not providing a resolution, then it sounds like you'll need to give your ISP a ring to see what they have to say about the issue (as per the very last note on the support page). Can you please do so, and let them know all of the different things that you've tried? Please keep us posted!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.