Unable to connect to Xbox Live

What is going on?  I've never ran into any network issues with Xbox Live until tonight.  I'm playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and BAM I'm disconnected.  I see their are current issues with Xbox live and sign in issues but I have a friend in the same city that I'm in and he's online right now.  Now tell me what is going on?  Not only am I unable to connect to Xbox Live, but theirs a 3 hour wait to contact customer support over the phone.  Microsoft clearly needs better customer support, you need to hire more reps in your call center this is rediculous.  Oh then I see I can contact someone through chat as well.  Hey that would be great if it worked!  All it does is tell me my chat is almost ready and then it says something about the page being encrypted and basically refreshes when I press Okay and does nothing from there.  So this is my last line of support I guess seeing as I can't get in contact with anyone from Xbox.  What is going on?  My Xbox says theirs nothing wrong on my end so can I please get some answers?  I like Xbox, I've never had a problem before, but when I can't connect or I have to wait 3 hours in line just to talk to someone who probably isn't going to have a solution for me I get upset.  Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there.

Xbox Live is currently having issues which are preventing people from singing in. For more information, please see support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I feel you bro. My LIVE was down all last week because of the AT&T U-Verse outage even though my friend right up the road has U-Verse and he could connect no problem. Now I get on tonight and boom another error telling me I cant sign into Xbox LIVE. check my friends list and see that 18 of my friends are currently not having this problem because they are on LIVE right now 12 live in my area so this is messed up and im sick of it. I feel my gamertag is on the "Get ***" list because every time there is a problem and I hit up all my friends it always seems like im the only one having the issues. And to think I pay a subscription for this crap too haha.

Sorry this didn't help.

FIXED: After further investigation I attempted to clear my Xbox's sytem cache.  This thankfully worked.  I suggest anyone else who is having my issue to do the same and hopefully that will fix your problem.  Thank you all for the suggestions, sorry for ranting Xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yup clearing the Cache worked for me. Thanks olI lucky Ilo I appreciate it man

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a massive xbox lagg and there support system is great  its just the mass of people calling in bc of this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys!  You should be all good to go.  Please let us know, though, if there's anything that's not running smoothly now!

Sorry this didn't help.