Unable to connect to Xbox Live

I cannot connect to xbox live when trying to sign in or access any online content. When I test my connection it says that everything is connected (network, internet, xbox live) but I still cannot connect.

This issue started randomly, nothing was changed in the network or anything. My xbox is not modded in any way.

I answered the following questions as advised to clear things out.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Middle East (Saudi Arabia)
Modem brand & model number:
Linksys WAG200G
Router brand & model number:
Linksys WAG200G
Network Connection Type:
Wireless
If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
WEP
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
White

Things you have tried:
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter:
What type of internet do you have? DSL
Who is your ISP? STC (Saudi Telecom Company)

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

W: 0000 - 0021
X: 0001 - 8005
Y:20A8 - 4800
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

What exactly do you mean by "can't connect"? What is the error or message you get when you try to connect? I also notice that you do not live in a LIVE supported region, so you will most likely have issues with LIVE service even if you can connect properly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you seriously blaming my location for the issues ? First of all Xbox Live has been working here perfectly fine for the past 6 years for millions of users. Second, the Error Status Report I included in my post is clearly identical to other reports posted by forum users located in the USA.

And to answer your question, when I try to connect the error I get is just "Cannot connect to Xbox Live", nothing more.

The codes in the Error Status Report are obviously explaining the exact issue I'm facing with details, can someone please explain what the codes mean ?? Even the Xbox Live support team had no idea what those codes mean when I contacted them by e-mail and just linked me to the general support page ...

Who can explain these codes and what they mean ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not blaming your location, I'm simply saying we don't officially provide LIVE to your region. All I meant to convey was that, even if we get your connection to LIVE back to 100%, there will still be possible issues with LIVE and purchasing simply based on the region you are connecting from.

While I sympathize with your issue, saying you have the "exact same issue" based on nothing more than a vague, generic error message is a stretch at best. I'm sorry, but if you are unable to connect from an unsupported region, I would assume that the region is the cause.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok then how about you focus on providing help to the current issue rather than worry about the possible issues in the future for when "even if I get my connection to LIVE back".

And I got the exact same "vague generic error message" and would like an explanation of what that error message means exactly. I'm 100% positive the people at Microsoft did not add the error codes for the fun of it. I'm pretty sure they happen to have meanings. And I would very much love to know what my error message means, because that would most probably help me out A LOT in figuring out my problem.

And please review the other cases on the forums where people had the same error message and very similar set ups, and provide them with an answer too. Because up till now, I haven't seen any solution provided to the users who happen to have the same error message I have. Also, that would very much help me out with understanding the cause of my problem.

We all know the Z line of the error code is reserved for account/console bans, what are the W, X and Y lines for ?

Sorry this didn't help.