Unable to connect to Xbox live via Xbox console

Xbox Console refuses to connect, PS3 works fine attatched to same switch. Both are wired not wifi. Interesting thing I see on the iPad connected to same network is trying to connect to Xbox.com via safari and xbox live app is that both seem to be going through a massive number of redirects. Safari never connects, but Xbox app on iPad will eventually. Safari complains of to many redirects and stops trying. Only way I've been able to connect in browser is to go to live.com, login, then go to xbox.com. Also had a problem last night 2/28 trying to download updates. Was able to finally get them down after MANY attempts. Have not been able to log in since. I've run network connection test many times with no effect, each time it says unable to connect to Xbox live, all other steps pass. State: CA DSL Modem: Motorola Router: Linksys E4200 Network: Xbox/PS3/AppleTV/etc... -> Cisco gigabit switch -> Belkin Powerline AV500 -> router UPnP: No No NAT errors, No error codes from Xbox DSL Provider: AT&T W: 0000-000B X: 0000-F001 Y: 00A8-4820 Z: 0000-0000 ID: 0006-0000 L: 8015-1911 Q: 8007-0435 T: Wired

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there Phink!
If i am correct you wrote that UPnP is disabled. By default this should be enabled. Enable UPnP and save settings.

Download the latest firmware for your router:
http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-eu/support/routers/E4200

Unplug your DSL modem and all other devices that connects to the router (leave router on).
Reset your router using a pointed object and press the "reset" button on the back of your router. HOLD for 30 seconds then release. Unplug router. Plug in your modem and wait until all lights are steady. Plug in router.

In your Xbox network settings:
Reset Network Settings back to factory settings.

Clear Xbox system cache:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Post back and let us know if this troubleshooting solved anything.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.