Unable to connect to Live (Please no generic answers)

A couple of weeks ago my xbox suddenly decided not to connect to live. I have it set up through a wired connection to whatever computer is nearest to me and I have tried three different computers, all of  which have previously worked, along with 2 cables, both of which also work. If I try to test connection, it fails instantly and also if I try automatic IP settings, the xbox cannot find them. I have tried customer support, but once again received generic answers, which I have tried many times. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Is there anything preventing you from connecting directly to a router? And when you say you tried the generic answers, what were they?

When you use a PC/Laptop to connect to XBL with the console the best NAT you will ever get is Moderate, at worst Strict, which will affect your ability to connect to other players as well as voice communications.

Are you sure ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is still enabled on all your PC's?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have network sharing enabled on all the computers and it is not practical at all to connect to the router as it is located on the other side of the house from my xbox. It worked previously very well, but now it doesn't even try to connect, just an instant fail.

Sorry this didn't help.

Suggest you reset your network settings on your Xbox.  Then, follow this guide and set up a bridged connection.  Don't bother with ICS as it will definitely give you either a moderate or at worst a strict NAT type.

I hope this helps with your problem.  If not, please feel free to post back.

Sorry this didn't help.