Unable to connect to LIVE Messenger

Recently, after a short break from playing my XBox I decided to play again only to find that I can't connect to Windows Live Messenger. I keep receiving the following error code: 0x80048834.  I have done some research and found that many people are having the same issue with no resolution. Also, there seem to be no responses to the inquiries from anyone at XBox Live. All of the solutions that I have found online have been to no avail, ie: resetting my router to it's factory default settings, straight wiring my XBox into my modem (bypassing the router), clearing the cache and recovering gamertag.

Are you aware that there is still an problem? If so, can you please tell me what is being done to resolve this issue and a possible ETA?

Any feedback you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Are you able to sign into Windows Live Messenger from a PC?

From what I researched about that error code, some people have been able to resolve it by going to http://login.live.com and logging into there using their WLID.  From there, click Messenger at the top of the page, and you should come across a page where you have to accept the Terms of Use for Windows Live Messenger.  Hit I Agree, and then try signing into Messenger on your console again.  Hopefully that works!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.