Unable to connect to internet through wireless adaptor on xbox 360

Hi,

Im having a bit of trouble connecting to the internet through my xbox 360's wireless adaptor. im able to connect through wireless on my laptop, which i am on right now. i dont know much about internet connections, but every test i run to connect to xbox live fails, and a message comes up stating.

"can't obtain an ip address from your router or modem

your router or modem may not be automatically assigning an ip address, you can try a static ip address instead.

If you are not familiar with networking [(which im not]) you can get help with ip addresses at www.xbox.xom/networkhelp."

I went to the website and followed their help steps to set up a static ip address, and that failed too.

i also got an error status report reading:

W: 0000-0021
X:4000-1001
Y:0000-0000
Z:0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF

againi i am on a wireless connection, and i dont even have a clue as to why i cant connect. I've been putting in the correct wep code and it  still doesnt let me connect. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.