Unable to connect to internet at hotel

Hey guys, I am staying at a hotel for the week (not my choice) and i've been trying the figure out how to connect to the wifi here.  When connecting via wifi on my Macbook the browser redirected me and made me type in the hotel's access code.  My xbox doesn't have a way to get to that page to let me on I'm guessing because it doesn't have a browser.  Any way i can bypass that and be able to play online? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2018 Views 90 Applies to:

I would suggest speaking to the hotel management and see if there is a way to have a "wired" connection within the room.  While many hotels have wireless now, back in the good ol' days of connecting on the road, CAT5 cables were necessary and there may be a jack in the room you can connect to.

If that's not a possibility, I do recall trying to use a PSP (sorry Microsoft, make a handheld) while working at an airport that had wireless access.   If I tried to browse the web on it "Denied, Enter Password."  However, if playing a game that had online abilities, I could connect and play with others and the password wasn't an issue because I wasn't trying to get on the web but simply using the wifi connection.

I don't know if any of this is going to help but it's my two cents.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On your pc.... at your wireless settings, there should be an option "internet sharing". then, if the PC is online, anything you connect via lan (other pc or xbox) will be able to use the internet. in your case, NOT needing to enter the code as that is only nescesary for the pc

Sorry this didn't help.

To access the Internet in hotel with a web based log in isn't going to work directly with an Xbox 360.  The easiest way to fix this issue is to use Internet connection sharing.  Now I'm not too familiar with a Mac, but it can be done.  This guide maybe of some use to you. http://macapper.com/2009/01/29/tutorial-mac-internet-sharing-with-xbox-360/

Sorry this didn't help.