Unable to connect my new Xbox to live

Hi can anyone help I've just purchased an x box of my friend as mine has died. I've downloaded my profile successfully and I can see my friends are online but I can't connect to live all get is error code 800705b4. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there!

Could you perform an Xbox LIVE Connection test, and see if there are any errors that occur? If so, view the Connection Error page for specific solutions for your error. Also, could you perform a Network Speed Test and post the results of those, just so we can rule out your network! :)

To test your Xbox LIVE connection, simply follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings and then select System Settings.
  2. Select Network Settings.
  3. Select Wired Connection (if you’re prompted to do so).
  4. Select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Let us know how it goes. Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey thanks for your help its al sorted now I've had t move it closer to the router.

I have one final question I'm keeping my old x box in the living room for Netflix etc as it still receives a wireless signal unlike the newest x box????

Can I use my profile with x box live accounts on both?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Face Thats a good question but for those of you who don't know, it is okay to use your profile on multiple console but you cannot be signed into both at the same time.

For those of you wandering what happens I found out first hand the other day lol if you sign into a second console whilst being signed in on the first it just shuts your first console down, it shocked the life outta my wife she thought she had done something wrong

Thanks

Godmokee

Sorry this didn't help.