Unable to change my e-mail account

I can't change my e-mail account, because I need my father's e-mail account to do so. The problem is that he can no longer sign in, because he has a new account, and deactivated the one that's currently active for my gamertag. So when his password is entered, it's "invalid", because, well, the whole account is invalid. And for whatever reason, it's not permitted to change the parent's e-mail account through the console or xbox.com

So, uh, I suppose the only way to fix this problem is to change my dad's e-mail account. How can I do this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Penguin! It sounds like you are on a child account and your father's account is the parent, correct? If that is the case, and your father can't log in to his account, then you might be stuck. You can wait until your account reaches 18 years old and then promote it to an adult, but that is about all I can suggest. You can try calling phone support or contacting Live.com support for more help with WLID. Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Aheh, I'd raaather not wait two years to finally have access to explicit content that doesn't have a price tag on it, LOL. I suppose I'll try phone support, if that doesn't work, then I guess you're right; I'm stuck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.