Unable to change my current WLID

Alright,

So in late March about to go into April I bought my new Windows Phone, I love it. However, when setting up my phone I used a new email address then the one I was using for my Xbox/Zune accounts because that email no longer was active. So I tried to change my WLID, which is when I ran into my problem. I was unable to change my WLID and I was constantly getting the error, "Your Windows Live ID can not be changed at this time." This has been going on for 5 months now, I have contacted the support team and they said they are looking into the issue and it was supposed to be fixed in June, well it has not.

Since I can not change my Windows Live ID I do not have access to the Windows Phone Marketplace, Xbox, Zune, etc.

I would like to know why I can not change my WLID because this is getting very annoying. I even bought a Zune pass for 1 year, a 150.00 payment that I am not able to use and which seems to not even have been working, but it did accept the code and use my money.

I'm not exactly sure who I pissed off, but it seems as if the Windows Live system really hates me for some reason. All I want is to change my WLID so I can get xBox, the Marketplace, Zune, and what ever on my Windows Phone. I also would like to know what the deal is with my Zune Pass that decided to not work for me at all. I am getting tired of, "The team is working on a solution for you." and "I am really sorry to hear that, I am sure a solution will be here soon." I do not want a solution soon anymore and I do not care if they are sorry anymore, all I want is this to work for once.

So someone please find a solution to all of my Windows Live problems and help me.

Thanks,

Tyler

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Where are you trying to change the WLID? Are you trying to change the WLID associated with your phone, or the WLID associated with one of these account? Can you more simply outline what you are hoping to accomplish. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I already stated what I was trying to change, the WLID that are associated with the accounts so that the WLID on my phone matches the ones on my xBox/Zune accounts so I can have access to the Marketplace and what not.

Also, I tried changing the ID on the xBox360 Console and the login.live.com area as well. Still not able to change anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

So you have two accounts, one on the Xbox and one on the phone, correct? There is no way to combined these accounts. You can change the WLID of them (forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx), and you can change what one is associated with your phone though (forums.xbox.com/.../8909.aspx).

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you even read what I originally posted? I know that I can not combine WLID, I am very familiar with the WLID system, I prob know how it works more than anyone. My problem is I am not able to change my WLID on my xbox account, this has been going on for about 4-5 months now. I want to know why I am not able to change my account and I also would like to know where my zune pass went.

Also, please do not say it takes 30 or 60 days for you to change the live ID, because I have not changed the email since I made the account and 5 months clears 60 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did read your original post. What I'm confused about is why you started your post talking about your phone if you issue was with the Xbox and a different account. Are you trying to change your Xbox WLID to the same as the phone's WLID? If you continue to have unexpected issues with this, you can call up phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and they will be able to look further into your account than we can.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I am trying to change my xBox WLID to match the one of my Phone WLID. Also, I have contacted phone support, this issue has been going on with no resolution for 5 months now, quite long if you ask me. I mean I have no marketplace, no music, no apps, no xbox, games, etc. I would like to be able to use my Windows Phone sometime soon...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, very sorry to hear this issue has been going on for so long. Would you be able to provide any of the SRs from the case, so that we can take a look into things?

Sorry this didn't help.

The guy I have been talking with name's Seth I believe. But yeah, its taking a VERY long time to get this resolved, what makes me a bit more irritated is that I bought a year Zune Pass for music, movies, etc, when I added it on my current zune account (the one associated with this gamertag) it accepted the code, but did not activate my services.

Like I said, this system basically hates me for some reason. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

You won't be able to change your Xbox account to the same WLID as your phone account. A WLID can only be on one account. Technically, you have two different accounts, and they cannot be combined in anyway. Basically you can use your Xbox account on your phone, or your phone account on your Xbox. I'm sorry for the confusion here.

Sorry this didn't help.

So your saying that I am not able to change my WLID that is on my xbox account to my new email address, even though thousands of people have already done this? When I talked to Seth he said that I can change [REMOVED] (my xbox/zune email) to [REMOVED] (my new email that is with my phone).

But from what your saying is that I will never be able to use the Windows Marketplace, Zune, or xBox on my Windows Phone unless I make a whole new account? Yeah, ok, I would really love to talk to a developer or the idiots who put that system in progress.

But you still didnt answer my question about my rouge ZunePass that decided to vanish.

Sorry this didn't help.