Unable to change Gamertag

Hi there,

I would like to change my gamertag to "FlyingIrishMan" because it is the ID I use on Steam and PSN.

I currently have 870 Microsoft Points which is enough to change it.

However, when I went to change it, it told me the gamertag is already in use, out of curiosity I decided to try and add that gamertag, it told me that the gamertag "FlyingIrishMan" was not in use. At that point I tried again making sure I had all the spelling and capitals correctly but it still wouldn't work.

I'm not sure if its a problem with the name (which I doubt it is, there is nothing offensive about the name).

Is it possible for you guys to change my gamertag for me to "FlyingIrishMan" and deduct the 800MP from my accounts?

If not, could I have a reason why I can't use that GT.

Thanks

-Billy.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

possibly it is still assigned to an older pre 360 LIVE account and or it is used for windows PC games and or a Zune account.  if you cannot change your name to it than it is not available, sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The name already exists Flying Irishman.  That fact that name has a space, and yours doesn't, doesn't make a difference.  The Xbox Live system will read them as the same thing.  I would not be able to change my name to "Billy The Bully", because you have "Billy TheBully"

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, thanks for the help guys.

Sorry this didn't help.