Unable To Change Download Option For Mature Content Games

I recenlty setup an account for my 10 year old son. I was hoping to be able to use his account as well when he is not using it to download and play mature rated games like Gears of War 3 demo but found out I can not.  I changed all the settings I could find such as game rating allowed to M and content to Adult instead of child but still I can not download the Gears of War 3 deno.  It keeps saying I can not download games of that type. 

Is there a documented procedure on how to do this? Also, this may be more of a hassle than I had planned so how can I redefine the account so it does not say it is for a 10 year old but rather for me instead so the age level does not get in the way?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

due to international laws governing advertising and content m rated content may not be downloaded by a minor

you can create your own silver account to download demos

but it must be an adult account

a child account can not download the content till the age of 18 and no the age of an account can never be changed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay so the settings can't be changed. I just bought this accont for the next 12 months.  Can customer support drop the new account and let me recreate it all over again as an adult in my name? I would have done this in the first place If I knew that I would not be able to use the account as an adult by just setting options. I knew the account had passwords to prevent settings from being changed and was relying on that to control family access. I did not know that even though I controlled the family settings that even so I would not be able to control downloads. What I should have done was setup my 10 year old with a silver account and setup myself with the gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

If the 12 months was a prepaid code then no nothing can be transfered between accounts

Sorry this didn't help.

You can call them up and see if they'll cancel your account and issue you codes for your remaining time to use to create a new account.  They may not be willing to do it, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just download gta V to my system and it says I can't use it.  But I want to play with my friend but I clearly can't do that.  So how can I change the rating so I can play it.

Sorry this didn't help.

KillerHunter83, please don't bump a thread that is just over three years old.  Feel free to start a thread of your own detailing your issue there.  Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.