Unable to add new family member to WL Family Gold Pack

Hi

I'm unable to add a new family member to my Family Gold Pack - currently 2 members of 4 - attempting to add a 3rd profile existing on the console to one of the 2 free Live slots for available players.

I proceed through the usual prompts and get error code 8015401d - I've tried using an existing WLID and I've tried creating a new WLID for the new profile - been trying for the last 36 hours.

I've searched and trawled the forums, tried clearing the cache (suggested in the link below), read the FAQ's -  to no avail. Any suggestions would be welcomed!!! Thanks.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/275163.aspx

Region: Australia

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey bandaarrfrag! This error code usually indicates an issue with the WLID (not as much an issue with the family pack), can you have a the user you are trying to add run through this guide on "Managing your Windows LIVE ID". I'd be curious if you get the same error code when just trying to download and use the profile on your console? Or are you perhaps trying to create the account while signing up to the Family pack? If so, you might want to create the account on your console first and then add. Let us know! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If the person you are trying to add already has a gold membership you cannot add them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.