Unable to add a family member to my family account

I am completely fed up with xbox live support.  I have now called 7 times to try and add my son to our live family account.  I'm always told my case will be escalated to the advocacy team, or twice I was told to wait 24 hours and it will work.  Good way to get off the phone when you are stumped.  Once again I have renewed his individual account and paid to renew it when I have an available account on the family.

Anyway, when I sign in and add his account to  the family account, we enter his username and password and are prompted to join the famly account.  I click yes and it says there was a problem signing into you account.  I've gone through the steps every time I call support.  I've cleared the cache, removed him from the console and redownloaded his profile.  Can anyone help since support has not been helpful.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

Hi Wieand,

It's my understanding that the xbox live family pack is no more. The transition to individual gold memberships started on the 27th August - 1 month ago. You won't be able to add your son, because you and  each member of your family pack (previously) will now also be on individual gold memberships.

For more information on the transition : support.xbox.com/.../family-pack-convert-individual-member-faq

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just wanting to say that Sean2383 is indeed correct.  The Family Pack has been discontinued.  They have been talking about this since at least the spring.  You will no longer be able to add anyone to the family even if the family pack you are on has yet to convert to single subscriptions.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue.

forums.xbox.com/.../1591850.aspx

You say that each family member now have their own GOLD membership.

If this is so then why cant I download the free games with gold on each profile !?

Sorry this didn't help.

The transition from family packs to individual gold is not fully complete yet.  

Sorry this didn't help.