Unable to access billing due to "We cannot recognise your computer"

Hi all

I'm currently trying to change my details in my account settings, but Microsoft's security measures seem to have locked me out by telling me that my "Trusted PC" is in fact not my "Trusted PC" even though it quite clearly has the same name. This is the error I get:

We don't recognise the computer you're using

To access this content, please sign in on a computer that's connected to your account.

[Trusted PC that has not changed once]

I've attempted using IE to uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Essentials and set my computer to trusted PC, but all it's doing is moving the PC from the deletion queue I put it in and back to confirmed, even though this "correct" information is totally blocking me out.

At the moment I can't get my head around what's caused my security info to suddenly turn on me, as the most I've done to the system is the rare System Restore, other than that I haven't done anything to it.

At this rate I feel as though the 30 day deletion queue (Which appears to have gone from its original date of 20th August to being kicked off the waiting list when it went to Microsoft Account!) nor the removal and adding of WL Essentials again is going to solve my problems, and I'm looking for any way to wipe the trusted PC off my account entirely so that I may actually access my billing again.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

And, a silly question, perhaps; which version of Internet Explorer do you use?  ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER will show that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Raazo! I'm terribly sorry to hear about the experience. Let's see if we can't figure out what's going on here! You say that you don't think removing your proofs is the solution? Can you describe in detail what you mean by "Which appears to have gone from its original date of 20th August to being kicked off the waiting list when it went to Microsoft Account!"? What are you now seeing instead of the original removal date? It can take up to 6 months to remove proofs if there are security concerns at hand. Let us know what you see! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately not, trying to add my trusted PC back via Essentialls will simply put back the dodgy proof, while trying to add it via the account tells me I need essentials installing (Whether that's by design or not I'm not sure) Trying to remove the info I also can't be sure on since the switchover from Hotmail to Windows Account has put the attempt to delete out of the window. At this moment I am tempted to call Support over the phone, but since the topic you handed me says they can't speed up the deletion, it looks like I'm stumped for a 2nd month now...

Sorry this didn't help.

Does anything in the thread below help you

-

forums.xbox.com/.../291276.aspx

Gaming, something all gamers do, no matter which system they use.

Sorry this didn't help.