UK vs. US account

Hi,

so I've got a bit of an unusual problem. Whilst living in the US, I accidentally went through the UK site setting up an account, gamertag etc - under the name of cerys91. As soon as I realised this, I rang the USA Xbox live support - who said there would be no way to refund the months payment I had made, but they would stop any future payments coming out, and I would just need to set up a new account.

I set up a gamertag for cerysmt and continued to use this whilst living in the US. Now that I'm back, I've found out that payments have continued coming on the UK account and I've spoken to UK Xbox live support who said there were no notes stored on this account, and they couldn't access previous info on the US account because it was deactivated.

I'm basically just wondering if it is possible to claim back my money from October until now, as I have cancelled any future payments but that's still 8 months of paying for xbox live in a country I wasn't even in at the time. The US staff definitely confirmed they had removed the auto payment - is there any way of this being investigated? UK staff claimed there was nothing more he could do earlier this evening, and suggested that moderators here could investigate it.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

Being a billing issue, the only ones who can help are phone support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you need to call uk support for all issues with UK accounts

edit nm could be wrong about that part

normally they  tell you to call the region support for your account  also on the previous call they would give you an email and a reference number confirming the cancelation of autorenewal at the end of the call. support needs that reference number. you do need that reference number as it is the record of the call.

i'm not sure what you mean by deactivated. as a gamertag unless it got changed is never deleted the windows live id can be deleted but that does not affect the gamertag on support's side it only prevents you from loging into live

Sorry this didn't help.

I used a visa debit card for the accounts. I thought that would be the case too but whoever I spoke to earlier from UK support claimed there was nothing he could do other than cancel the auto renewal and this was the only way of escalating it.

Yeah, I double checked that it was for the UK account, because I thought I'd have to ring it too, but he said no, we can cancel that for you. I had auto renewal on the US account until December.

Sorry this didn't help.