UK TO USA

Can anyone help me I need to know if my Xbox will work in the united states HELP!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Thanks everyone but believe it or not but I finally spoke to someone at Xbox who knew what they were talking about and said all I need to do is buy a US power cable which runs from the wall into the Xbox so I did I ordered one from Amazon for about $35 and it works fine so happy days once again thanks a lot for the advice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I dunno Mister Fitzer, you can get transformers specifically to convert from one contry's mains supply to another, just have to be careful that you get it right. My sega saturn was an American model which I used in Australia with a specially designed transformer. Worked well until I accidentally plugged it directly into the wall and all the magical blue smoke that makes electronics work escaped. If Catatonic does his research he should be fine. Unless there's something I don't know about in the power brick, in which case he should be careful :p

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey OP, please, please, please do not use a power transformer with your console. Doing so can damage the power supply, or worse, the console itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

There's a few things to consider here. First of all, as Vernier says, is the difference in mains power between countries. You can buy transformers for your console though so that shouldn't be much of a problem. The main difficulties you will have are regional restrictions with retail games and xbox live.

Not all US games will work in your console, permissions vary depending on publisher. Some allow their games to be region free but others don't. There are a few websites out there which will identify locked games. If they are region locked, you'll have to import them from the UK.

You will also have problems using xbox live. As I understand it Live accounts are permanently tied to the region you initially chose, so you won't be able to use any services that are only available in the US. You will also have trouble buying points as point cards you buy in US retail can only be used on US Live accounts. Other than that I'm out of my depth so if anyone has info on how to change your live region that would be very useful.

To summerise, region restrictions are a real pain in the proverbial!

Sorry this didn't help.

They're on a different voltage system over there so no.

Sorry this didn't help.