uk games in aust

if i buy a game in the uk will it work on aust xbox 360 consolues

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

[quote user="Shad0ex"]

If it is PAL version which I believe the UK use also it will work fine. Games in the US however are a different version and will not work on Australian systems.

[/quote]

PAL and NTSC no longer exist and haven't existed for a few years now and on DVD's and games it has NEVER existed.

-

PAL and NTSC are ANALOGUE colouring systems and DVD's and games use DIGITAL colouring systems.

-

DVD's and games use Regional coding to determine whether a DVD or game will work in that particular region. The regional coding is as follows:

-

Region 0 - Informal meaning "playable worldwide". Region 0 is not an official setting; discs that bear the Region 0 have either no coding put into it or all regions coding put into it.

Region 1 - US, Canada, Bermuda, Caribbean, US Territories

Region 2 - Europe, Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa,Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories.

Region 3 - South East Asia, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau.

Region 4 - South America, Central America, New Zealand, Australia, Papa New Guinea and much of Oceania.

Region 5 - Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Africa (except Egypt, Swaziland, South Africa and Lesotho), Central Asia, Mongolia, North Korea.

Region 6 - China

Region 7 - Reserved for future use, MPAA related DVD's and "media copies" of pre-releases in Asia

Region 8 - International venues such as Aeroplanes, Cruise Ships, Spacecraft etc.

-

People only use the terms "NTSC " and "PAL" to distinguish between the US and the UK.

-

The Topic Creator needs to look for either Region 0 games or games that have Region 2/4 coding on them.

If it is PAL version which I believe the UK use also it will work fine. Games in the US however are a different version and will not work on Australian systems.

Maybe/Maybe not. It depends on either the game being Region 0 or having Region 4 coding on it.

-

The UK is DVD Region coding 2 and Australia is DVD Region 4.