ui feedback

why cant i snap skype? want to skype while watching tv xbox volume up... id have to this 10-20 times for the audio to really make a difference (reciever controls my adui) friends - whos on xbo? whos not? why is the default view not only show friends online. tv - changing channels. it often missed numbers when it trys to change channels, guess it could be where/how my xbox is positioned in relation to the cable box. how does the ir blaster work? dnla, whyc cant i stream my own videos? i have a large collection of digital media since i converted all of my dvds & bluray to digital diskless. i cant browse my network for media, only use PlayTo. also no mkv/h264 support which is a deal breaker for that. im just going to use another box for my streaming. i would think you would rather me use your box. you could also allow me to buy tv/movies that im missing from my own collection multitasking - hey its great. but what if i need to quit out of a menu or app due to a bug or something? like my network settings i ran a test and now its stuck on the results screen and have no way of going back same thing with bf4. i lost connection to the servers and was not able to do MP games. i had to launch a new game to unload bf4 to i could restart it. iparties and games - everytime someome joined a game that was in my party i got a popup saying join blah blah game. it killed me like three times and was annoying. (bf4). not sure if this a bf4 thing or just more of an issue with the party/friends chat. store - i say xbox store find something then download it. if i say xbox store again it brings me back to that same app. if i say go back it brings me back to my dash. why doesnt it bring me to the store home? feel free to offer any other constructuve feedback on the usability of the operating system. i think this system has huge potential and the improvements to the software is going to be a big part of that

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

ok that just mashed all of my text into one big paragraph.... forums fail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also why cant i send a voice or video message to my friends?

Sorry this didn't help.

why cant i snap skype? want to skype while watching tv xbox volume up... id have to this 10-20 times for the audio to really make a difference (reciever controls my adui) friends - whos on xbo? whos not? why is the default view not only show friends online. tv - changing channels. it often missed numbers when it trys to change channels, guess it could be where/how my xbox is positioned in relation to the cable box. how does the ir blaster work? dnla, whyc cant i stream my own videos? i have a large collection of digital media since i converted all of my dvds & bluray to digital diskless. i cant browse my network for media, only use PlayTo. also no mkv/h264 support which is a deal breaker for that. im just going to use another box for my streaming. i would think you would rather me use your box. you could also allow me to buy tv/movies that im missing from my own collection multitasking - hey its great. but what if i need to quit out of a menu or app due to a bug or something? like my network settings i ran a test and now its stuck on the results screen and have no way of going back same thing with bf4. i lost connection to the servers and was not able to do MP games. i had to launch a new game to unload bf4 to i could restart it. in parties and games - everytime someome joined a game that was in my party i got a popup saying join blah blah game. it killed me like three times and was annoying. (bf4). not sure if this a bf4 thing or just more of an issue with the party/friends chat. store - i say xbox store find something then download it. if i say xbox store again it brings me back to that same app. if i say go back it brings me back to my dash. why doesnt it bring me to the store home? feel free to offer any other constructuve feedback on the usability of the operating system. i think this system has huge potential and the improvements to the software is going to be a big part of that

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey  grambo1980,

You bring up lots of good questions and points in your post. There are many things that were seen that made Xbox One the console to own. To me and many others it still is. I feel like learning all the features it can do right now will take some time, reading, trial and error on everyone's part.

I have used some commands like Xbox volume up and can see limitations. I just end up reaching for the remote and raising the volume by hand. This is an example of using this system for what it can do now and know that it will only get better.

Xbox 360 was a continual work in progress. Continual updates, feed back from the community and hard work through out the life of the unit created the console we loved and adored. The Xbox One Console will continue to grow with updates, fixes and added features. I think we need to continue to be patient like we have been and will bring to light updates to better this system.

We are not pushing your concerns aside but will use them to better the system of the future. We appreciate the passion you have to help create the One console to own and want to you to believe that it can be done with you and our other fellow Gamers help.

I don't mean to ramble but wanted to at least provide you some feed back since you have seriously spent quality time to draft your thoughts here to share your passion for the next Gen.

Please if you have any further questions or concerns please contact us and we will be happy to help.  

Just to add:

I believe you can turn off the Notifications in the settings tab so you don't worry about getting killed while destroying others in BF4. 

There is a tab in to learn more about the Kinect commands on the dash or you can brush up on these with this link of Kinect voice commands and Gestures

Sorry this didn't help.