Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. (my live id dates from 2005)

Okay, this is my last attempt to solve this problem before I give up my windows phone, xbox, etc and move to Android and Playstation 3. I am just frustrating of having no answer at all from any other team from Microsoft.

The dea is whenever I try to use my Live ID (it's not the one I am using to post this message) and go to xbox.com I am always being redirected to:

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/MigrateWebOnlyAccount

When I try to accept the terms of use I receive the following message:

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 10/06/2012 20:25:57
code: 326AC1DE1AC04C0
s: 0j/R6QLJJ4Hqwmbx3XfB1A==
id: f88f7877-3fc2-4c6e-9c69-6984af3a15c9
req: 7d8d8cd3-62da-4442-9a5a-ffe690d990b5

------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot even browse to the forum, reason why I have created another live id, which is the one I am using right now. This problem became unbearable after I bought a new Windows Phone and I realized that I can't buy apps, I can't install free apps, I cannot do anything, can't login to zune.net, can't accept the terms of zune.net. Called Windowsphone support, nobody had a clue what's going on, last suggestion they made was to open a case with xbox.com. Called xbox.com support, it was pretty clear that the person on the phone never heard of my problem and last thing she recommended, after spending one hour of my life, was to post a message on answers.microsoft.com and checking by how many questions are actually answered, I can see this is going nowhere.

We are getting to the point that a customer is begging to fix his account so he can buy YOUR products. The gamer tag that's bound to my REAL live id is TylerED209. If my real and problematic live id is needed I can provide without any problem which is my hotmail account created since 2002.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds more like a browser related issue in my opinion. Try clearing ALL your cache and cookies from the Internet Options. Also, if you're using Internet Explorer try using a different browser (Firefox and Google are free to donwload) and see if the problem persists.

This is all I can suggest thus far based on the issue

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a known issue with the site. I suffered from it myself a while back.

-

Your only options are to either change the Windows LIVE ID associated with the affected gamertag or PM one of the Support team such as Mister Gwyther or Mister Fitzer and they will be able to sort the issue for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had this happen a few times and doing what ermac29 said is what cleared everything up for me.  Give it a shot!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey TylerED! I'm sorry for your experience, I hope we can help you out with this! Can you first try ermac's suggestions. And tell me if you have also tried browsing on an alternate computer? Standing by for the details. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys, apologies for the late reply and many thanks for trying to help me out.

I'm afraid I have tried on several computers to do that and it's always the same problem. The Windows Phone support team also attempted to use my account and they couldn't, just so you know how messy this is. And it appears that Microsoft's teams can't speak to each other as they keep pushing me to open threads on forums of another products or just to call the support team for other products. As far as I was told, the reason why this is happening is because my Windows Live id is old. Microsoft's System Engineering invents this glitch error id codes but seems to not train their own support people to decode them... it's a shame. I have spoken with several different support people and nobody knows what this is.

And what do  I want to with this? Just buy more Microsoft stuff. Setting your own system in a way that a bug can prevent people from buying your own things?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm shocked you verified an answer Miss Kleo before checking that it resolved the OPs issue.

-

Smashing, did you try changing your WLID or PMing the people I suggested?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello smashingNivon aka Tyler! I'm sorry that your post slipped through! And I apologize you've had such a rough runaround, of course we want you to have the freedom to purchase (or not, your choice!). I do have to admit this particular situation is quite unique as your account (TylerED209) appears to be in good standing forums wise. Have you made sure that the device you're using allows cookies? You should be able to get directions on how to check this function from your browser's help. Since you are also primarily trying to access on your phone, have you tried a hard reset? As this is the only way to enter or re-enter a WLID at the time being. Lastly, can you tell me if you've changed your Gamertag since the first of the year? I know this is a lot, but I appreciate any details! Thank you. :)

@voteDC I do appreciate your concern! I was simply verifying a good step to try, which you'll see us all do from time to time to make sure the OP knows we approve that message.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry if that came across harsher than intended. I just thought the Verified answers were for ones that solved the support issues, not just suggested ideas.

-

I'll know in the future to correct myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues. I all of a sudden cannot connect to live as a gold member anymore. My account was working fine and the all of a sudden it told me to update account information. I did that and it worked for one more month and now its telling me to update my account info again. I keep trying to update my payment method but I keep gettin the message opps that shouldnt have happened. There seems to be a glitch in the system.

Sorry this didn't help.

From my experience having another Windows Live ID logged in will cause this issue.  As I was in college I had another account for school related things.  And when ever I was logged in on that account, I would get that error when trying to log into the account related to my Xbox profile.  I had to make sure I was logged out of my school email and everything worked fine.

Posting here is your best bet.  Clear your browsers cache.  Depending on which browser you are using, you can have it remember log in's and passwords.  You may want to remove the one for logging into the Xbox.com site.  

That's all the advice I can give.

Sorry this didn't help.