UAI @ Day 61

So my main account has been locked down since Oct,15th,2011 for this investigation. I've called support 4 times now and am always told that "oh it's still being looked into" which is driving me crazy. The last call I made on Dec,5th,2011 I was told that since it had been so long past the given time frame that they were going to make a note of it on my account and report it to their manager which in their words 'greatly speeds the process up". Well that was 10 days ago and yet here I am still waiting to hear anything back as to what's going on.

I know for a fact that my account was not migrated to another region because when I got a call from MS on Nov,7th,2011 I made sure to ask if it had been or not. The person I spoke to confirmed that my account was still in the U.S. region so I really have no idea why this is taking so long to get fixed. I would be great if a team member from here could check into things for me. Original GT is HeavenOrHell.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I've noticed that the team members have checked for people in other threads so hopefully you do the same here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would encourage you to keep calling in. My account was compromised on September 11th, and I called in about 4 times for updates, the latest was this past Monday, just over 3 months after my UAI was started. The last 2 times I called, the support reps put in a note to the investigations team, and 48 hours later my account was unlocked. Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm trying to not call that often because to be very honest the more this process drags out the harder it's becoming for me to hold my tongue and remain civil during the phone calls.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you believe your UA investigation has gone well beyond the original time frame you were quoted when you originated the UA, consider filing a BBB Better Business Bureau complaint against Microsoft.  You not calling in often only works against you and in Microsoft's favor.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I guess I'll be calling later today since it looks like I'm not going to get help from any members on here.  Not expecting much from phone support though and I will also look in to filing a bbb complaint too.

Sorry this didn't help.

I called for UAI September 17. A month and a half later i called again to see what was going on. I was then told that the investigation on my account has not even been started, so they told me they'll start it that day. A month goes by, I call again and for the second time I've been told that the investigation on my account has not been started yet. Are you kidding me?! So I've been waiting nearly 3 months for nothing! I had to really make sure that they started my investigation during that phone call because its so RIDICULOUS that this is happening! Now I have to wait another month!

Sorry this didn't help.

Feral: I'm not seeing any investigation on either the account you are posting from or the account you posted. Both are showing as fine and active. Are you unable to access LIVE from these accounts?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct I never received the email to setup a new password for my account so I could recover it. All the spam messages from Xbox like rewards statements and what not stopped going to the original email address and to the new one I set up but that's it.  I'll send a message with my case info in it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just got off the phone with support so here's a quick update.

Turns out that somewhere along this long road someone didn't follow the correct protocol and it screwed things up and my case had to be refiled tonight. So the new expected time frame of having things fixed is 20 days.  I have a shiny new case number if you need me to pm that one to you also.

Sorry this didn't help.

My account was hacked 10-13.  I got a call probably 3 weeks ago or more saying they would call me back in 5-10 days.  Never got that call.  My account wasn't migrated anywhere either.  This really is the most pathetic customer service I have ever witnessed in my life.  I have easily spent 1,000+ dollars on xbox systems, games, live memberships, etc.  This is NOT rocket science.  Give me my points back and let me play my freakin games

Sorry this didn't help.