UAI advice

Tuesday October 18 my MS points balance dropped from 1800 to 200. I called Xbox Live Support to solve the problem and they said I had purchased Battlefield Bad Company 2. The strange thing is that I didn't have to recover my gamertag, it wasn't available for redownloading and wasn't in my download history. After going through all possible solutions I was given a refund of my points because there was no evidence of unauthorized access. The next day when I got back online, my account had a again lost 1600 of my 1800 MS points. When I called this time, I was told that I had bought Mass Effect 2. I informed the rep that I didn't buy this and we went through all the steps of the previous day and found nothing. This time however I was told that only a UAI could be started because the refund is only a one time thing, which makes sense. I am just wondering if I need to change my live ID or password or would that result in a possible error in my UAI that would lead to me not getting my points and account back?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you believe someone has access to your account through outside means, then I would recommend changing your password on your WLID.  So long as you know your account information, nothing should stop you from getting your account back from an UAI.  Just remember, though, during an UAI, you will be locked out of your account until the investigation is complete, which is usually 25 days.

Out of curiosity, though, you said you didn't have to recover your account after you noticed 1600 points gone.  Does anyone from inside your house have access to your Xbox 360 and account?  If they do, you may want to set a pass code on your account to prevent others from logging on it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I live in a dorm but I lock my door all the time even when i'm in there so I don't think that was the case but I think I will put the password on the account anyways, thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.