UA investigation - crappy customer service understatement

microsoft has always been notorious for the "run around" and unhelpful/unwilling customer service. something i've always learned to avoid, which is probably what they wanted to being with. but for XBL, i had no choice but to pick up the phone.

now my account was hacked back on 10/20/11. the ea fifa hacker must have used magic because both EA and XBL are not responsible they say. (i dont own fifa or have ever played it, i happened to haphazardly play madden the night before the hack, coincidence?) I've spoken to numerous reps, "supervisors", twitter, and chat/emails to be told nothing helpful. if anything the information i have been  given has always turned out to be incorrect or done wrong. leading to me paying the price for MS employee's mistakes. i was originally told to wait up to 25 days, then oh yea it's 25 business days, oh wait 7-10 more days and it will definitely be done, oh yea it was 7-10 business days, and then today... you have to wait another 25 business days.

the one thing i do know for sure now is that xbox customer service can't do anything or have no ability to do anything progressive. UA investigation seems to be more covert than the CIA. i have 5 different service numbers at this point. no one in MS/XBL wants to help resolve this issue. i have been paying 4+ years just for XBL. i loved my 360 over PS3, but after this incident on principle alone i am planning on selling all my 360 items,games, and associated stuff. I've lost faith in MS and their business ethics or lack thereof. i refuse to give more business and support a company truly unworthy of it. call amazon up and see what true customer service resembles. all MS and XBL does is read off euphemisms and apologies off a script to absolutely accomplish nothing.

at this point the UA investigation has done much more harm than the EA-FIFA hacker. i can't even cancel the investigation. i rather lose 20 something dollars then deal with MS & XBL teams, while losing my account for 2 months. #1-9 worst customer company belongs to MS/XBL, #10 verizon. seriously this post is tamed/censored to how i really feel.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I hear you.

I logged mine on the 4th of October for the grand sum of about 2000 odd points.  I have had the run arround since then.  been given new ticket numbers due to the reps not entering the correct information meaning due to no fault of my own I have to wait another 25 days.  Now that this has passed the reps are telling me end of the week.  If not phone back next week.  I have phoned every week since the 4th of October!

I would have rather took the hit for the points than have to speak to these reps who just read off scripts and cant tell you any sort of decent information other than its in the hand of the investigation team.

What I do know is they are not getting any more of my money and since we have multiple xbox's and live accounts in the house this will soon add up.  I dont think I will go down the PS3 route but what I do know is the next gen of consoles will have my mind at these 2 months of terriable support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I much rather have eaten the $75 in prepaid points that was stolen from me than deal with this UA investigation nonsense.  I'm personally on 37 calendar days/26 business days myself.

I wish I could just go back to October 24th and tell myself to not call up support.  Now I'm calling support to get updates on my account every couple of days.  And they can't tell me anything.  They just keep saying, "a week from today we should have some news for you," very politely.  But it's never true.  It just feels like my account is in limbo.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there jxkim! I'm sorry to hear about your wait time here. I checked out your investigation and it looks like there was a delay, but it seems like it was remedied and they are now processing your investigation. We appreciate your patience here, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, Mister Gwyther!  Can you check my investigation by any chance and tell me where I stand on getting my account back on Live?  It would be nice to have an idea of when I'll be getting my account back.  I hope it's not much longer.  I don't want to go too deep into December or 2012 without my account.  I've missed so much since October.  It really sucks that I missed game events, game launches and Deals of the Week/Black Friday/Cyber Monday that I pay for as a Gold member.  Even some DLC like the Gears 3 Season Pass I bought has devalued since my UA started.  The first map pack has gone free and I couldn't even play it when it was paid only.

So can you provide any insight?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good luck. He's gonna just be able to tell you the same thing as phoning up Support. These people are not even Microsoft employees. They are volunteers. I was told when I called Support that the Investigation Team does work weekends but I don't think that's true. The email I received from John Horiatis of XBOX Exceptions Analyst,

Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team states otherwise. The email with his contact info said Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 PM PST.
I've tried calling numerous times and the person doesn't even answer the phone. Keep getting a answer machine every time. I've already left multiple messages. The email I received was also told he would be in contact with me this week. Still haven't heard anything. Just like when I called 2 weeks ago before filing the complaint with the Better Business Bureau and was told by the Customer Support Supervisor that they have 1 person who does have contact with the Investigation Team and he would have this escalated to him and I should hear something in 3 to 5 business days. I never did receive any contact and that was 2 to 3 weeks ago.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also in contact with John Horiatis.  I thought he got in touch with me due to my complaint with the BBB, but I suspect everyone with UA claims gets an email from this guy.  I filed a complaint with the BBB on November 10th.  The dude sent me an initial email on November 15th pretty much saying he'd get around to calling me eventually to discuss the investigation.  I left him a couple of emails and a voice message that day as well as the following.  It took him about a  week to call me, but unfortunately I missed the call.  He left me an email letting me know he tried to contact me and gave me a code for 1 month of Gold Live for an alt account.  At this point I don't even want to start an alt account.  I would have been interested in that back in October, but by the time I received the code I had missed all the November game launches.

It's been over a week since then and he won't answer any emails.  I'll probably leave him another voice mail soon.  Just two days ago I sent him an email letting him know that I wasn't happy that I missed Deals of the Week, Black Friday and Cyber Monday on the Xbox Live Marketplace.  I wonder when/if he'll respond.  I feel like I've been thrown to the side by missing that call on November 21st.

Sorry this didn't help.

first, the 25 days waiting seems to be more of a deterrence of people trying to rip off MS than an investigative measure.

next, it is silly that XBL would ignore such a widespread issue. it is clear that many people are effected; the first accounts of hacks date back months and are still ongoing. (just the other day my friend's account was accessed, but he caught it on time to change his p/w) XBL decides not to admit a security issue, but rather take a stance that ther is no issue? The paying customers like us become the victims of an issue that XBL is either not taking serious enough or are too money-hungry to fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

I contacted him the same day I received the email but then I didn't call for like 4 or 5 days cause I figure no use with it being the Holidays but as soon as this week started I've been calling him again every day. Never received a call back still. Oh and I filed a complaint with the BBB as well. I figure that's why I got the email from this John Horiatis guy in the first place. I tried Googling Exception Analyst and the department name but seem to get nothing but LinkedIn pages and different websites talking about Banned accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mangasage! I checked yours out and you seem to be waiting for a call back, but you missed the call, as you said. It looks like they/he will try contacting you again, but at this time I don't have any specific dates as to when he will try calling back. The good news is that your investigation is still being looked at and you should be hearing back from him soon. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you very much for looking into that, Mister Gwyther!  I'm really looking forward to getting back on Live.

Sorry this didn't help.