UA going on over 4 months still no resolution

On Saturday, July 9th. I turn on my Xbox to find that my account wasn't auto logging in. So I go to manually log in and it kept saying invalid account.
So I recovered my account and that's where the problems began. I notice that the menu isn't in English. I look around some more to find that my Microsoft Points was down to only 30. So I immediately changed my password and gave Support a call at 1-800-4MY-XBOX. I was had an Unauthorized Access case started. I kept calling back cause I had different questions.

Well I call back on August 15th to be told the the case was closed. I never receive an email that it was closed and was never contacted. Was told that I was called. So I asked them why would they call if I was asked for an alternate email and was told that I would be receiving an email once the case was finished. Well my account was still Migrated to Brazil. Initially I was told that once an account get's Migrated that there's nothing that could be done. So I had another UA started during that same phone call on August 15.

Well I receive an email finally on Sept 5th. The email I received however was in Portuguese. I used Goolge Translate to translate the email. It says that there's been a delay in the investigation and was provided with a 1 month gold code. On Sept 21st I receive another email this time in English. Yet again saying there's been a delay and another 1 month gold code. In the email they also stated that I may be contacted again within 30 days and if I had any questions I can reply to the message or call up support. I emailed back twice and have called back plenty of times with still no response to my emails.

Nov 1st I called again and was just told the usual that I just have to wait that I have been told over and over again. But the person sent me yet again another 1 month gold code.

Nov 18th after waiting all this time I finally decide since it seems like no one is doing anything over this issue I decide to contact the BBB and file a complaint.

Nov 21st I receive an email stating the following:

Hello Richard,

I am emailing you in regard to a case I have recently received.

I am currently reviewing your issue and will do my best to contact you early next week to discuss your case. If you have a specific time you would like to be contacted, please feel free to email me back and I'll do my best to reach you during your preferred time. Please include your preferred phone number in your reply.

For your convenience I've also included my contact information at the bottom of this email. If you call and I am unable to answer, please leave a voicemail and I will return your call. Thank you and I look forward to discussing your issue.

Regards,

John Horiatis

XBOX Exceptions Analyst

Customer Advocacy & Exceptions Management Team

TEL: (number removed by me)   EXT: (number removed by me)
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm PT

I have repeated called this person have left 5 or 6 voicemails these past 2 weeks and still have yet to reach anyone. The person doesn't answer their phone.
I have also tried contacting 1-800-4MY-XBOX a few times too and keep getting the same response. That the Investigation is still open and that's basically it. I've talked to a bunch of people who stated that it takes longer when an account has been Migrated and that it will get resolved. Each person has told me that when I was initially told that Migrated accounts can't be Migrated back that is false that they can that it just takes time. Further proof is having seen 2 other posts here on the forums stated they have had their accounts returned them after having their UA's completed in which they had their accounts Migrated as well.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Billowy, sorry this is so frustrating. I'm sure there a good reason why your investigation is taking this long. I hope you stay as patient as you have so far and good luck with your resolution!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm really starting to just get pissed off at the whole situation.

almost 5 months is more then enough time. I hope an actual employee sees this and can do something.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'll try to get someone's attention. Let me know if you need anything else!

Sorry this didn't help.

So much for getting someone's attention. Don't think this has gotten the attention of anyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Billowy, I know that this is a really, really frustrating situation to be in. As you mentioned, there have been a few resolutions on the forums for cases with account migration--that being the case, your issue should hopefully be resolved very soon. I wish that I could offer more than that at this point, but I'm afraid that your case is in the hands of the UA team, and that they are doing everything they can to resolve it. Again, I'm very sorry for the frustration, and I hope your case is resolved soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Five months is just embarrassing and pathetic for any kind of customer service of this sort. This is the only company in the entire world that I've ever seen handle cases like this in such a manner. It's absolutely insane. I'm flirting with the idea of calling them to get my account migrated back (i had a UA case completed months ago, but was told it was impossible to migrate back), but I refuse to have my account locked since my investigation was already completed, even if they have to do some looking into it. I guess I'll call them next week to see what they say.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Krazie x360a"]

Five months is just embarrassing and pathetic for any kind of customer service of this sort. This is the only company in the entire world that I've ever seen handle cases like this in such a manner. It's absolutely insane. I'm flirting with the idea of calling them to get my account migrated back (i had a UA case completed months ago, but was told it was impossible to migrate back), but I refuse to have my account locked since my investigation was already completed, even if they have to do some looking into it. I guess I'll call them next week to see what they say.

[/quote]

That's what happened to my 1st Investigation. I was told the same thing during the Investigation.
However during this 2nd Investigation I was told that is not true that they can be Migrated back but only in the case of Unauthorized Access.
If it's done on accident or someone does it and wants it reversed they won't. With that being said I never did receive an email during my 1st Investigation or once it was closed. Like I stated in my original post I called on August 15th and that was when I found out the case was closed and a new one was started. With that said it's been almost 4 months since that. Almost 5 months since my account was taken. Just 2 days ago I went a head and decided to email Stepto, Director of Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement. Since seeing someone else reply about someone named Lockergnome getting there account back in 72 hours and having also got an interview with this guy. Still nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

A cousin of mine who works as a computer tech for a major local car dealership suggested an Executive Email Carpet Bomb and mentioned something about Consumerist.com seeing the way things have gone I doubt that would help. Other's I've talked to have suggested being persistent and even being an @@@ about the whole situation. I don't wanna do that. I just want my account back.

Sorry this didn't help.

@krazie in order for them to restore an account to the original region they will have to lock the account while they are rebuilding it

the migration tool was never meant for other regions

also the DLC licenses would have to be rebuilt as the downloads are forfeit with the migration

they need your account to do so

@billow

that 72 hour thing was not a migration issue

rebuilding an account that lost all DLC licenses and region codes is not easy

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ngocphi"]

@krazie in order for them to restore an account to the original region they will have to lock the account while they are rebuilding it

the migration tool was never meant for other regions

also the DLC licenses would have to be rebuilt

they need your account to do so

[/quote]

That's the case. But why when initially calling support was being told that it can't be done at all.
Then finally being told that it can be over a month later. Not only that but for over 4 months. That's plenty of time.

Sorry this didn't help.