Two Xboxes & Transfer of Files Question

I am just a parent, so not an expert at all, but would appreciate any advice experienced users could provide as it is wreaking havoc in our house now... the problem is that we just acquired a second xbox.  Previous to this, we had two users who were sharing one xbox & one xbox live account before the second xbox came into the picture this week.  The second user now has the new xbox and a separate xbox live account.  

So, the question is how move just the second user's game saves and dlc to the new xbox... the sales person at the store we visited sold us a transfer cable, but this won't work as it transfers everything and we don't want to do that.  It seems that some of the dlc and files are too large to be moved on a 8GB flash drive (or maybe it just won't work for whatever reason, not sure).  On top of this we're getting an error message that what we did try to transfer would not transfer...  

I did a search but didn't see anything on this topic, but if there is a blog or some other forum post that might help, please feel free to refer me to it.  Thanks!  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Here's my suggestion. Transfer all the game saves over using the flash drive. All of them should be able to be moved that way, I don't think there are large save files. For the DLC, you'll want to do a license transfer in order for them all to work properly on the new console. The 2nd part of the license transfer involves redownloading all of the content so it saves you from transferring it once and then redownloading it anyway. You can do a license transfer from here - http://xbox.com/drm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.