Two Xbox 360's With One Account...

Basically I ordered a 250GB Slim yesterday as I had enough of my old 20GB and when I get my slim I would like to put the old one in my bedroom. Anyway how would I go about using the same account on both xbox's, would I just have to keep recovering accounts? And for example how would DLC such as the VIP pass for DiRT 3 work, would they only work on one console? 

Just kind of confusing because I've looked this up and it seems quite complicated compared to having 2 PS3s which I simply just have to log in and play on any of the consoles without having to recover anything.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You could put your profile on a USB stick and simply swap it between consoles.

DLC can be redownloaded to each console but you will need to transfer content licenses each time (I think).

Im not 100% sure, so wait for someone with more knowledge to reply!

Oh, well that would be a lot quicker than having to keep recovering my gamertag then.

Any idea about how I would go about transferring the content licences then?

Thanks mate.

Yeah aha, you simply plug your USB in, and follow the instructions so its enabled for Xbox use, then you just move your profile onto it and swap it as much as you want!

Content licenses are done via Xbox.com, should be under Support im guessing, i'll have a quick look for you.

No problem.

www.xbox.com/.../Transfer

Then click CTRL+F and search Content Licenses, or if you're not lazy just scroll down till you find it and follow the instructions.

That's great then, will definitely use that option.

Thanks mate, much appreciated, will check out that right now. 

hi, the transfer of licenses only matters if you plan on playing offline, if your connected to live all the time and signed in with your profile

Ah i see Yoshis, surely the OP could simply redownload all his content onto his new xbox and be able to play it still via his profile?

I use a usb stick personaly and keep most of my dlc on it as well I go between mine and my girlfriends so the licences don't matter except when offline but even then arcade games won't work regardless of what consoles have the licences

[quote user="EvilMonkeyTala"]

Ah i see Yoshis, surely the OP could simply redownload all his content onto his new xbox and be able to play it still via his profile?

[/quote]yep thats what I done

Ah great, happy gaming:)