Two WLIDs Have Melded Together

Here is a summary of what has happened.

1. Get a Windows Live ID with a Hotmail address (2003).
  2. Tie my gamertag to this WLID.
  3. Get a new Windows Live ID with a Gmail address (2009).
  4. Change my Xbox LIVE account to be associated with the new WLID.
  5. Unsuccessfully attempt to remove the old Hotmail-based WLID, citing premium services being attached.
I have noticed that although I use my new WLID to login to my current Xbox LIVE account, any billing changes made to the LIVE account update the old WLID.  Using my new Gmail WLID to login even shows my full name as what's in the old WLID.
It would seem that my Xbox LIVE account is really tied to the old WLID still.  I called the 4MYXBOX number and the friendly agent on the other end removed all premium services.  So even though the old WLID doesn't show any registered payment methods, it still won't delete because I have a gold account still tied to the new WLID.
Has anyone ever dealt with deleting an old WLID that was used to created an Xbox LIVE account?  I want the Hotmail WLID gone.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Unsuccessfully attempt to remove the old Hotmail-based WLID, citing premium services being attached." You said in 4. that you changed it, but then here you say you were unsuccessful. Can you walk me through the process and what exactly happened? Also, what do you mean by "citing premium services being attached"?

What WLID do you use to log in to the account (either on the console, Xbox.com, or the billing site)? You don't need to tell me the actual address, just say "original" or "new". Whichever it is, that is the WLID attached to the account. If you are still receiving emails to the old address, check your contact information to see if the original WLID is still set there. 

Please let me know if this helped, or if I have misunderstood your post. Thanks! 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.