Two LIVE accounts, just got windows 8 any way to merge/cancel one account?

Ok so here is the story.

I have always used the same email address (for sake of the topic ill refer to it as email 1) for the last 10+ years. Ive had an Xbox since the 360 first came out, however it was never connected to LIVE, i never had access to an internet connection. 

In the last year i finally got LIVE. When trying to sign up for the first time it said the email i was entering to signup with (email 1) was already an existing account. I assumed someone had used my email account. So anyway i made a new email just for live (email 2) and have been playing along fine ever since.

However i just got a new laptop with Windows 8. All was well and good, i used my same old email i have for everything (email 1). When going into the Xbox games app a profile comes up called TakeoverSpade (i guess take over as in taking my account). It has a 0 game score and no info. Basically i think someone has stolen my email.

My problem is all my Xbox stuff is attached to Email 2 but i am and want to still use email 1 as my main email (it is now fully attached to my new laptop and all my business email etc so it too hard to change from email 1 to email 2 just for and Xbox profile). Is there anyway my email 2 Xbox LIVE account (that i created as my email 1 account was stolen) can be transfered to my email 1 account and the false Xbox LIVE account that is currently attached to email 1 is deleted as its not my account (but my email address, password was changed a while ago)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

Hey there George! The short answer is no, there is no way to merge two accounts together. At this point my suggestion would be to choose the account that has more history and content attached to it and continue using that one. You can always keep the other one around to access anything purchased there, but I would say pick one and only use that going forward. Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there any way you can remove the email address attached to an account? So remove my email address from the fake account. That way i can use it for my real LIVE account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. You can find the information you need on this page:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-microsoft-account

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah this is great!! As i have access to both accounts now, i can make a new live account. I will transfer the fake account to the new live account i just made. That will free up my original email address which i can then transfer my REAL Live account with all my game info to my original email (the one im using for windows 8).

Thanks alot! Problem solved, now just have to wait 30 days :(

Sorry this didn't help.