Two controllers not working

Hello I have a problem. Well so I have three controllers a red one, a white one and a silver moving d-pad one. So here are the problems with the silver and white one the right d-pad is super slow in games like call of duty and it get stuck. But with the red one it just keeps getting stuck up they are pretty old but can I send them to Microsoft for new controllers? But the silver one is brand new

~Sam

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There is nothing worst than your D-PAD or Analog sticking or not being responsive.

As far as warranties go, I dont believe controllers are in for free repairs, the easiest thing would be if you had a receipt and you met the returns requirements of 30 or 90 days depending on the store.

Truthfully, fixing the problem yourself is way easier than one might think.

While I would never open up my console...because if I ever messed it up and voided my warranty, I would never replace it this late in the game.
Controllers on the other hand, I have no problem. They are cheap(er), I was planning on buying a new one so why not give it a shot and open it up. (if you have the tools)

So if you do have the proper tools, all you have to do is open it up and separate the 3 pieces, the 2 outer halves of the controller and the inside part that has the green board and  other things attached to it.

What I always do is clean out all of the individual buttons and rubber pads with a Lysol Wipe and then dry it up.

Now on the green board, the d-pad and sticks are attached, so with a really tiny screw driver, you can remove the two parts of the d-pad and then clean it up.
For the sticks and Rumble tumblers, you will want to remove whatever has been building up like dust strands. You can also gently wipe the inside part of the analog stick.

Your controller will feel like brand new.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.