Two consoles One Gold Memebership

i have two consoles . ( one at office)   

can i play onine with the same gamertag on both consoles regularly?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 295 Applies to:

Absolutely, yes you can. There are two main possibilities, one that I would reccommend, and the other, not so much.

1) Recover your profile onto the console you currently intend to play on. That of course requires several things. An internet connection, a storage device big enough to take your profile and being able to remember the password to your Windows LIVE ID. (the not so reccommended option)

2) The more flexible option is what I do myself. Have a USB memory stick with a reasonable capacity (I use a 4Gb). You can then transfer your profile from your first xbox onto the USB stick and any of your favourite game saves, so then all you have to do is, whichever console your are playing on, simply plug in the stick before you turn your console on, and away you go. The only thing you have to remember, is to choose the USB to put all your game saves on from that point onwards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No.  

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't play online on them both at the same time no.

But if you mean like have them on two consoles yes just recover them on the console when you need to play on them.

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me explain:  I imagine what you are thinking is that you can keep a copy of your account on both of your consoles at once...everyone else seems to.  And you can't.  Here is why: let's say you sign in on console A (in your office).  You play awhile.  You get home and sign in on Console B.  When you try you will get a message like "profile not valid".  once you signed in with Console A, then the profile on B was automatically invalidated.  So, now you have to recover the profile back onto B.  You sign in and play.  However, by doing so, you have now invalidated the profile on A.  So when you try to sign in on A, you will have to recover it.  And this goes back and forth.  The only way to do this is like Fordius suggests by using a USB stick.  Constant recovering is dangerous...MS reccomends it only for emergencies...not doing it all the time.  The catch is that everytime you use the stick you will need to put game saves on it.  And also, any DLC you wish to use on any console would have to be moved/copied to it.  To be honest, you would be better off just taking your hard drive to the other console.  It would be far simpler.

Sorry this didn't help.

I keep my profile on a USB memory stick permanently, it never leaves there, because I game around at friend's houses so often. It is the perfect solution for what the OP wants to do.

I also keep the saves for the most played games on there, games prompt for where the saves are so you just select the memory stick.

Sorry this didn't help.

thx guys for ur help and suggestions.   just one more thing to be clear. using a consoles hard drive on another console is safe?   i mean doesn`t each console  comes with unique serial and unique hard drive serial NO.? (like DVD Drive) . Moreover one hard drive is 4GB and the other is 250 GB.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, ok, now that I know what console you are using...my "swap hds" won't work.  The console you have has no place to physically connect the older consoles' hds.  I just assumed that you have one of those...like mine.  I can detach mine and plug it into my son's or my mother's console.  You wll have to use the USB option.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Now what i was wondering ,can i have two consoles with the live profile on in the same house ,say one upstairs and one down, surely if they both operate on the same IP ,then the use of one won't invalid the others profile ?

HMMM

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CageyANACONDA"]Now what i was wondering ,can i have two consoles with the live profile on in the same house ,say one upstairs and one down, surely if they both operate on the same IP ,then the use of one won't invalid the others profile ?[/quote]

Surely it will. If the consoles weren't seen as distinct (due to NAT behind the shared IP address), you couldn't even have both on Xbox Live at the same time.

Watch for "cloud storage" of profiles coming to Xbox Live on December 6. You probably won't need to recover your profile between consoles any longer, but you'll still only be able to sign in to a profile on one console at a time. Until then, moving your profile between consoles on a formatted USB flash drive is much more convenient, and recommended over recovering the profile regularly.

Sorry this didn't help.