Two accounts + One email = Problem.

Hello Xboxers,

I have had my 360 for a few years now, and my name has been causing me trouble ever since. The second part of my XBL name is Saytr, but I sometimes mispell it, Saytr.

Normally this would not be an issue, but while trying to transfer my account over to my friends Xbox to play split screen with him, the account I found was blank. It did not have any achievements, avatars etc. I had discovered that when I signed up to Xbox Live for the first time (from the computer, not the xbox, it had been created first on the xbox), I mispelled the name as ()Satyr instead of ()Saytr-

- () is whre the first part of my name should be, don't want any privacy issues here ;)

So, now a few years have passed and I am unsure what email I have linked to my real account (the one spelled Saytr), should I delete the false one and try to link it from there?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

The account that I am posting on now is the false one

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is my otherr account here, is there anyway to reset the email on that account or completely delete this account?

Thanks.

live.xbox.com/.../Profile

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there.

Do you still have access to your main account? Are you sure the email address is the same as the one you're using when signing into xbox.com?

Rather than delete the bogus account, simply change the email address associated to it, you can do so by following these steps:

1. Sign into the bogus account on your xbox 360 console.
  2. Hit the guide button on your controller.
  3. Scroll right, to the last page which is the settings page.
  4. Select "Account Management".
  5. Select "Windows Live ID"
  6. From here simply change the email address.

Once this is complete try signing into xbox.com with your previous credential information and you should sign into your main xbox LIVE account. Fixing this problem will also allow you to recover your account if needs be.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey, thanks for the speedy comeback.

I scavenged through my desk tryign to find my old email/pw from my old computer and I foudn the details.

So to change my email on THIS (my true account) all I need to do is the same as my bogus account, just to go into Windows Live ID in the Account Management and then just change the email to the right one?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, sorry, I'm a little confused.

The email addresses are different for both the bogus account and your main one... However you wish to use the email address linked to the bogus account for your main account?

Please clarify! Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Lol sorry, yes, my bogus one, the one I originally posted on, is using my current hotmail email.

But my real one, the one I am posting on now, is still using the old email I signed up with.

Since times have changed and I have switched emails, do I just need to do what you said above?

Just use my main account, go into Accuotn Management and change it to the current hotmail email?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ahh ok! I understand now.

The xbox LIVE system only allows you to assign an email address to one xbox LIVE account at a time. What you will need to do is "free" up the email address from the bogus account before you can use it for your main account. All you need to do to free it is assign a different email address to that bogus account.

Once the email address is free, follow the same steps as above on your main account to update the email address. :)

Hope this has helped.

Sorry this didn't help.